Nothing says Hunk of Meat Monday like a pot roast. When it is rainy and dreary, coming home to this zesty Italian pot roast will make everyone happy. The beautiful thing about the crock pot is that you stuff it full of goodness and then walk away. Simple ingredients of a beef roast, potatoes, carrots and a can of tomatoes with some Italian seasoning. Then let cook on low or slow roast in the oven for several hours on 300 degrees. The perfect flavorful pot roast with no needed ketchup. And if you love slow cooker meals, you will love this 101 Super Easy Slow-Cooker Recipes Cookbook that has other yummy recipes like Brunswick Stew. Or Smoky Hobo Dinner So, if you are looking for a new cookbook to partner with your crock pot this cookbook is the book for you. But don’t know about the recipes I am showing you? You aren’t convinced? Check these recipes out too-
Now, if you want this cookbook, let me know what your go-to meal is in the crock pot is. Just leave a comment simple as that. But don’t wait too long, you have till May 7 to register!
- 2.5 pound beef roast (chuck, arm, rump)
- 4 potatoes, quartered and peeled if so desired
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon pepper and salt
- 1, 14.5 ounce can of tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- Place raw vegetables in the bottom of the crock pot and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set beef roast on top of vegetables followed by tomatoes and Italian seasonings. Pour water over top.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Slice pot roast and serve with vegetables.
- Thicken remaining juices with flour or corn starch.
I was given two copies of the Gooseberry Patch Cookbook. One to keep and one to give. The recipes and reviews of the recipe are my opinion.