I know I am probably a little obsessed with little King’s Hawaiian rolls. But they are just the perfect roll for hand held sandwiches. So, when it is time to prepare the food for a party or tailgate, nothing beats these rolls. Of course, they were my go-to when I made these Crock Pot French Onion Beef Sliders.
The basics are all you need for this soup: beef roasts, onions, butter, broth. Simple yummy flavors that meld together like God intended them to.
Begin by covering the bottom of your crock pot with sliced onions and four tablespoons of butter.
Isn’t that so pretty? At this point, I have the crock pot on high to let the onions and butter start making magical flavors only onions and butter can make. Once the butter is melted, I place the chuck roasts on the onions and cover with French Onion Soup and eight tablespoons of butter.
Then, I simply turned the heat down to low, and let the beef and onions do their thing. Fast forward to some fall apart beef roasts.
I cut the rolls in half leaving the bottoms and tops still connected. This lets me make the sandwiches more quickly. Once the beef is all spread out over the roll bottoms, I top with provolone or swiss cheese slices. The meat is so hot the cheese melts quickly.
Don’t worry, you can make these as fast as they eat them. The beautiful thing is you can have a reserve package of these sandwiches made and staying warm in a casserole crock pot too. You never want to be without your sliders!
Get the Crock Pot French Onion Beef Sliders Recipe
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 5-6 pounds of beef chuck roast
- 12 tablespoons of butter
- 2, 10-ounce cans of French Onion Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 3 packages of Hawaiian Rolls
- 18 slices of provolone or Swiss Cheese
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a crock pot set to high. Place 4 tablespoons of butter over onions. Let get hot until butter melts.
- Place beef chuck roasts on top of onions and melted butter.
- Place 8 tablespoons of butter over the roasts and pour French Onion Soup over roasts and butter.
- Liberal season the roasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Turn temperature down to low on the crock pot. Cover and cook for 8-12 hours.
- Once cooked, tear beef apart and stir to combine the beef and onions.
- Cut the rolls in half seperating the bottom of the rolls in one large section, leaving the tops of the rolls in one large section.
- Put drained beef and onions on the roll bottoms. Top with slices of cheese. Cover with roll tops.
- Serve immediately.
Get other great recipes at the Weekend Potluck.