If you have never had these Oreo Truffles, you are going to curse my name for introducing you to them. These things are so easy and so sinful. There really should be a law against them. I had them at a recent Christmas get-together and ate about 84 of them. Luckily a pregnant friend was there, so I felt obligated to share them with her.
They are so good. Seriously, what else would make a five-year-old boy make this face?
You need four ingredients to make these Oreo truffles:
- Oreo Cookies - Store brand chocolate sandwich cookies just will not do. The real thing is necessary for this recipe. I have decided I like them best with Thins but regular Oreos work too.
- Cream cheese - The traditional full-fat cream cheese block. Low-fat is ok as well. Avoid fat-free as it will not melt as well.
- Chocolate - Melting chocolate, chocolate chips, or whitebark for dipping. White and dark chocolate are definitely options for dipping these Oreo balls into.
- Crisco - Just a dap to help the chocolate melty silky smooth.
To make these Oreo balls, start by
pulverizing crushing the Oreos in a food processor or blender.
Great job for the kids. I cut up the cream cheese into five chunks and tossed them into the processor. When it is all purred, it should look something like this:
Pop it in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. Or overnight if you are me and forgot about it.
Time to roll the dough into balls and place on parchment paper. Or foil if you are out of paper like I am. Great timing to run out of parchment paper. Also, another great kid activity.
I put the cookie tray of balls in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes.
Then it was time for dipping. I melted white bark. Now some folks might say to add a tablespoon of crisco. I didn't and it worked just fine.
Tips for Making Oreo Balls
- Keeping the truffle dough cool is key to success. Pop the truffle dough in the fridge if it starts to get sticky.
- Freezing the balls once they are rolled, keeps the truffles from melting in the hot melted chocolate.
- Sprinkles or colored sugars make these truffles festive. The sprinkles will show up better on white chocolate, but still can be fun with milk or dark chocolate.
Simple Recipes Using Oreos
- 1 package of Oreos not double stuffed
- 1, 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1, 10 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon Crisco
- Colored sugar or sprinkles Optional
- Crush oreo cookies in a food processor. When Oreos are completely crushed, add cream cheese and incorporate it completely.
- Chill oreo cookie and cream cheese combination for 30 minutes.
- Roll into small balls.
- Melt chocolate and Crisco together by heating in the microwave in 20-30 second intervals till all chips are melted.
- Dip in chocolate and place on wax paper. Decorate with sugars or sprinkles, if desired.
**Warning: Do not make this if you are not supervised by an adult. You will not be able to stop from eating the entire batch.
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021