As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you have never had these Oreo Truffles, you are going to curse my name for introducing you to them. These things are so easy and so sinful. There really should be a law against them. I had them at a recent Christmas get-together and ate about 84 of them. Luckily a pregnant friend was there, so I felt obligated to share them with her.
pulverizing crushing the Oreos in a food processor or blender.
Great job for the kids. I cut up the cream cheese into five chunks and tossed them into the processor. When it is all purred, it should look something like this:
Pop it in the fridge for 15-30 minutes. Or overnight if you are me and forgot about it.
Time to roll the dough into balls and place on parchment paper. Or foil if you are out of paper like I am. Great timing to run out of parchment paper. Also, another great kid activity.
I put the cookie tray of balls in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes.
Then it was time for dipping. I melted white bark. Now some folks might say to add a tablespoon of crisco. I didn’t and it worked just fine.
The kids added “sparkles” as the bark was hardening.
And then it was time for samples!
We are all addicted.
- 1 package of Oreo's not double stuffed
- 1, 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1, 10 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon of crisco
- Colored sugar or sprinkles Optional
- Crush oreo cookies in a food processor. When oreos are completely crushed, add cream cheese and incorporate completely.
- Chill oreo cookie and cream cheese combination for 30 minutes.
- Roll into small balls.
- Melt chocolate and crisco together by heating in microwave in 20-30 second intervals till all chips are melted.
- Dip in chocolate and place on wax paper. Decorate with sugars or sprinkles, if desired.
**Warning: Do not make this if you are not supervised by an adult. You will not be able to stop from eating the entire batch.