As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Always looking for ways to use up Easter eggs? or do you want a unique breakfast casserole? Here is a quick and easy hard-boiled egg and bacon breakfast casserole to use up some of your Easter eggs. This is the perfect Easter egg brunch casserole.
Hard-Boiled Egg and Bacon Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
This casserole is a simple layered breakfast casserole. The basics for this simple breakfast casserole include:
- Hard-Boiled Eggs: Whether you are using colored easter eggs or just making this casserole, be sure to use this easy to peel method of cooking hard-boiled eggs.
- Bacon: Fried and crumbled or you can cut up and then fry. Either way, crispy bacon pieces.
- White Sauce: A basic flour and butter roux mixed with milk to make a simple white sauce.
- Cheese: Colby-Jack is my go-to but cheddar would be just fine too.
How to make a hard-boiled egg breakfast casserole
Start by frying up about a half of pound of bacon. I cut the bacon before frying instead of crumbling whole slices after frying.
Spoon out the bacon on to a paper towel to absorb the grease.
Start making a cream sauce with three tablespoons of butter melted and three tablespoons of flour. Mix together and cook for a minute before adding two cups of milk, slowly.
Hard-boiled egg and bacon breakfast casserole combines sliced hard-boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, a white sauce, and cheese for the best brunch recipe.
- 1 pound bacon fried and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 10 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- Create a rue by melting flour and butter together in a saucepan. Cook for one minute and slowly start adding milk to the rue. Cook over medium heat, whisking to make sure the sauce doesn't scorch, till sauce thickens and begins to boil.
- Decrease heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted and remove from heat.
- Using a 1.5-quart casserole dish begin by layering a thin layer of sauce followed by eggs and then bacon. Repeat at least twice. End with sauce followed with a bacon top.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes, until casserole is bubbling.
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020