As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Still eating hard boiled eggs at your house? Us too. Here is a quick and easy hard-boiled egg breakfast casserole to use up some of your Easter eggs. This is the perfect Easter egg brunch casserole.
Hard-Boiled Egg and Bacon Breakfast Casserole
Start by frying up about a half of pound of bacon. I cut the bacon before frying instead of crumbling whole slices after frying.
Spoon out the bacon on to a paper towel to absorb the grease.
Start making a cream sauce with three tablespoons of butter melted and three tablespoons of flour. Mix together and cook for a minute before adding two cups of milk, slowly.
Hard-boiled egg and bacon breakfast casserole combines sliced hard-boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, a white sauce, and cheese for the best brunch recipe.
- 1/2 pound bacon fried and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs sliced
- Create a rue by melting flour and butter together in a saucepan. Cook for one minute and slowly start adding milk to the rue. Cook over medium heat, whisking to make sure the sauce doesn't scorch, till sauce thickens and begins to boil.
- Decrease heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted and remove from heat.
- Using a 1.5-quart casserole dish begin by layering a thin layer of sauce followed by eggs and then bacon. Repeat at least twice. End with sauce followed with a bacon top.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes, until casserole is bubbling.