As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My kids love to help me in the kitchen. A lot of times I have knives and hot pans and little time. So, when I can take the time to let the kids help me, I do. We made cupcakes over the weekend, and Boo was eager to help. We made some very yummy strawberry inspired poke cake cupcakes.
Then it was on to the filling of the cupcakes. I let Boo fill them up. They need to be filled 2/3 of the way up. For a six-year-old boy, this was a lot of focus.
Transfer to a jelly roll sheet and refrigerate for 3 hours. Grab a container of your favorite flavor of icing. Mine happens to be Duncan Hines Whipped fluffy white and chocolate icing. It is life changing. I used the fluffy white for these.
Strawberry Poke Cake Cupcakes
Just like a good poke cake, these strawberry poke cake cupcakes are an easy dessert recipe made with your favorite cake mix, jello, fluffy icing, and strawberries.
- 1 vanilla cake mix
- 1 small box of jello I used strawberry
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of vanilla whipped icing
- Bake cupcakes as directed by the box direction.
- Remove from oven and cool cupcakes.
- Poke each cupcake 2 or 3 times with a fork to have holes for jello to run into.
- Boil 1 cup of water and mix jello into the water till completely resolve.
- Spoon jello water over each cupcake.
- Refrigerate to cool again.
- Top with whipped icing.
The kids loved them and they were fairly easy to make. Boo was so proud of himself for helping. I am guessing we will be making them again before the strawberry season is over!
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Smoked Pork Chops – Big Green Egg Smoked Pork Chops - September 22, 2019
- Low-Carb Chili - September 13, 2019
- Sloppy Joe Boats - September 8, 2019