Creamy peanut butter and chocolate are nothing short of the best kind of candy or dessert. Making this no-bake peanut butter pie with a thick Oreo crust and Resee's peanut butter cups on top of a whipped topping make this peanut butter pie recipe one you have to make for every special event. The best thing about this dessert recipe is that it is a no-bake peanut butter pie recipe.
Most pie recipes are made in a round 9-inch pie plate. However, I am making this peanut butter pie recipe in a large rectangular pan instead. A 13x9 pyrex dish will also work for this recipe.
Peanut Butter Pie Ingredients
The ingredients for this outrageously good peanut butter and chocolate dessert are an array of dairy, peanut butter, and chocolate. Here is what you need to make this amazing peanut butter pie recipe:
- Oreos - Regular chocolate sandwich cookies work the best for this recipe. A normal 14-16 ounce package is what you need. If you buy the family-sized cookie package, just use two rows of cookies.
- Butter - A stick of good old REAL butter is what works best to make a simple Oreo cookie crust.
- Whipping Cream - Heavy whipping cream or whipping cream in the dairy section by the milk and half and half is what you are looking for. Go ahead and get the 16-ounce bottle.
- Creamy Peanut Butter - Jif is my go-to peanut butter. You will want to choose a peanut butter that doesn't really separate. If you like the store brand for cooking, it should be fine too.
- Cream Cheese - Blocks of cream cheese are what work best. Two blocks of cream cheese set out to be at room temperature. If you forgot to set them out, just pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Do not use fat-free cream cheese in this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar - Standard confectioners sugar is what you need. I sifted my powdered sugar through a mesh screen to make sure the best results for creamy peanut butter pie.
- Cool Whip - Nothing beats this whipped topping. Store brand or name brand will work.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - The miniature or even extra minis that come outside of the wrappers are what you need here.
- Chocolate for Melting - Chocolate chips are more go-to for melting chocolate. Chocolate wafers or chocolate almond bark can also be used.
- Crisco or vegetable oil - To make the chocolate easier to drizzle, add some Crisco or vegetable oil.
How to Make a No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo Crust
For all, I know this could be like an Amish peanut butter pie recipe, but I have not had an Amish version of this recipe. Instead, I have made this recipe from a combination of a couple of different recipes. The peanut butter filling is light and fluffy. To make the filling light and fluffy, the secret is homemade whipped cream.
Pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl and begin whipping with either a hand mixer or a stand mixer. When peeks start to form, you can quit and move to the next step. This will take 5-7 minutes to do. Do not add sugar at this point.
In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together. This works best if the cream cheese is at room temperature. If you didn't lay the cream cheese out, just pop it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. To help ensure complete smoothness, I also recommend sifting the powdered sugar through a mesh screen.
Once the cream cheese and powdered sugar are creamed together, mix in the creamy peanut butter. Mix together until completely combined.
When the cream cheese and powdered sugar are creamed together, you will then fold in the whipped cream. Do not beat it in with the mixer. When I say fold, I also mean with a spatula, mix it in.
Set this aside so you can start the layering process of the peanut butter pie dessert. Quickly make the crust by crushing Oreo cookies and melting a stick of butter.
Mix the two ingredients together, layer in the bottom of your rectangle pan. Then pour the peanut butter filling over the top of the chocolate sandwich cookie crust. Top off with a container of cool whip.
Finally, top off the cool whip with chopped-up peanut butter cups, melted chocolate, and melted peanut butter. Add a dap of Crisco to the chocolate to help it spread better. Just use spoonfuls of both to drizzle over the top.
No-Bake Dessert Recipes
No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 15 ounces Oreo Cookies Regular size package. Could be 14-16 ounce size
- 8 tablespoons butter
Peanut Butter Filling
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 8 ounces cool whip
- 1 cup peanut butter cups chopped
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Crisco
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Crush the Oreo cookies and melt the butter. Mix together and layer in the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with a mixer until peeks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix the peanut butter into the cream cheese mixture until completely mixed together.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the peanut butter with a spatual. When all folded in, spread over the Oreo cookie crust.
- Spread thawed cool whip over the top of the peanut butter.
- Chop up the peanut butter cups. Sprinkle over the whipped cream.
- Melt the chocolate chips and Crisco together in the microwave in 15-second incraments. Stir until the chips are melted.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave in 15-second increments.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate and peanut butter over the top of the cool whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.