As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
While the heat is scorching a lot of plants, the prolific zucchini is holding is still multiplying like mad. So, when Ott, A over a Latte with Ott, A announced her King Arthur’s Flour Iron Chef Challenge I knew I would be able to combine the two. And to my joy I found a Fabulous Zucchini Brownies recipe in the Farmers’ Market Favorites cookbook that Gooseberry Patch sent me for the Real Farmwives of America In Kitchen Series.
Start with a medium size zucchini. I peeled it to make shredding it easier.
Then I zipped it through the food processor to shred it.
You will need about two cups.
Then mix together 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup oil and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Set aside.
I combined 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of cocoa, 1 tsp of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Combine the flour, sugar and zucchini. You can also add a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. I left them out because I took them to a get together and didn’t want anyone to miss out on them do to an allergy.
Bake on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. I baked them for 20 minutes on convection oven setting.
And of course dusted with powdered sugar!
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Mix sugar, oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Blend sugar mixture, zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13"X9" pan and bake on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When cool dust brownies with powdered sugar.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020
- Keto Tuscan Sausage Soup with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - February 3, 2020