If you are looking for a way to use onions and peppers you have growing in your garden, this burger is a must make. We love our fajita burgers! And I am sure you are shocked to hear we love something with Mexican flavors.
When I saw these Southwestern Grill Burgers from a Southern Belle Dishes on Decor, I remembered I had made something similar this summer. Combining fajita seasoning to the ground beef along with the sauted onions and peppers make these fajita burgers a Mexican favorite in the form of a burger.
To make the fajita burgers, start with a pound of 80/20 ground beef. Get the ground beef thawed out if it is frozen like mine.
Get a one once package of fajita seasoning mix and put one tablespoon on the beef. Mix together with your hands and make four patties from the beef.
Slice up one onion and get them carmelizing in a half a stick of butter.
Slice up one bell pepper and add to the onions when they have begun to brown.
Add the remaining fajita seasoning to the peppers and onions when you add the peppers to the mix.
Get your burgers on the grill at this point. Once you have flipped the burgers and they are a minute or two from done, add cheese.
I recommend adding pepper jack cheese:)
Get your burgers on the buns of your choice and then add the onions and peppers. I also spread a garlic aioli of mine on the buns. Since I made the aioli, I figure I might as well bake up some sweet potato fries too.
The fajita burgers are killer!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Fajita Seasoning
- 4 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
Onions & Peppers
- 4 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoon of Fajita Seasoning
- Mix together ground beef and one tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
- Make four patties and place on the grill for 6-8 minutes per side. Top with pepperjack cheese with one minute of grill time left.
Onions & Peppers
- Melt butter in a saute pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes to caramelize.
- When onions change to a golden brown color, add bell pepper slices and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Top the cooked burger with onions and peppers.
What do you have cooking this week? Can't wait to get inspired!
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021