As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever needed to feed hungry teenagers? A field full of farmers? Wanted to make a meal that you could double, triple, quadruple to freeze the leftovers? These crock pot sloppy joes for a crowd are just what you need when you need a recipe to feed a bunch of hungry people!
I had to feed a bunch of teenagers one Sunday after church. I seriously didn’t know how was going to get it all done. With a little brainstorming, I came to a great concept. This is now my go-to way to make ground beef and sloppy joes.
How to Make Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
This can also be a one-pot wonder! I actually put frozen ground beef in the [amazon_textlink asin=’B003HF6PUO’ text=’crock pot’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’farmwifedrink-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’5d588f62-71ed-4611-91c7-0cc608f0048b’] overnight. When I woke up it was nicely browned. Once I broke it up and drained the fat off, I put the beef back in the crock pot. I added onion, celery, tomato sauce, tomato soup, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, dried mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Gave it a good stir.
Then I put the crock pot back on low and let it cook for four hours. It was ready for a great lunch after church with several families from church. And now I have three meals in the freezer waiting for me too! We love to make coney dogs with our leftover sloppy joes meet too.
Need a smaller sized recipe for sloppy Joes? Well, do I have the easiest crock pot sloppy Joes recipe for you. Check out my all in one pot crock pot Sloppy Joes recipe.
Leftover Sloppy Joe Recipes
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes for a crowd
- 5 lbs hamburger browned
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 2, 14.5 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2, 10 oz cans of tomato soup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- For a juicier, looser sloppy joe sandwich, use four pounds of meat. For a less juicy sandwich, use six pounds of meat.
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot, stir to combine fully.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve on buns.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020