As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Have you ever needed to feed hungry teenagers? A field full of farmers? Wanted to make a meal that you could double, triple, quadruple to freeze the leftovers? These crock pot sloppy joes for a crowd are just what you need when you need a recipe to feed a bunch of hungry people!
I had to feed a bunch of teenagers one Sunday after church. I seriously didn’t know how was going to get it all done. With a little brainstorming, I came to a great concept. This is now my go-to way to make ground beef and sloppy joes.
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes for a Crowd
This can also be a one-pot wonder! I actually put frozen ground beef in the crock pot overnight. When I woke up it was nicely browned. Once I broke it up and drained the fat off, I put the beef back in the crock pot. I added onion, celery, tomato sauce, tomato soup, mustard, ketchup, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, dried mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Gave it a good stir.
Then I put the crock pot back on low and let it cook for four hours. It was ready for a great lunch after church with several families from church. And now I have three meals in the freezer waiting for me too! We love to make coney dogs with our leftover sloppy joes meet too.
Need a smaller sized recipe for sloppy Joes? Well, do I have the easiest crock pot sloppy Joes recipe for you. Check out my all in one pot crock pot Sloppy Joes recipe.
Sloppy Joe Recipes
- 5 lbs hamburger browned
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery finely chopped
- 2, 14.5 oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2, 10 oz cans of tomato soup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- For a juicier, looser sloppy joe sandwich, use four pounds of meat. For a less juicy sandwich, use six pounds of meat.
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot, stir to combine fully.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve on buns.