Monkey bread is a caramel pull-apart bread made with Grands biscuits, butter, sugar, and cinnamon then baked in a bundt cake pan for a gooey breakfast bread. This weekend I made the most amazing breakfast with my daughter. This pull-apart caramel monkey bread was caramelly goodness. The kind where you shouldn't be left unsupervised. The bonus was the princess of the house helped me make it. Very kid-friendly for helping and for eating!
Caramel Pull-Apart Bread Ingredients
Are you drooling now? As long as you have two cans of Grands biscuits, you will easily be able to make this monkey bread. Lots of sugar and butter naturally makes this all come together in a delicious caramelly way.
- 2 cans of Grands refrigerator biscuits
- Stick of butter
- Heavy whipping cream
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- Pinch of salt
So, this bread is the easiest thing to make. The hard part, waiting for them to bake. Start by grabbing two cans of the large biscuits. Then cut each piece of biscuit dough into quarters.
A kid can even do it with a pair of scissors! So, while my little helper was cutting biscuits, I started on the caramel sauce by melting one stick of butter in a small saucepan then add ½ cup of brown sugar and heavy whipping cream.
I am becoming obsessed with salted caramels, so of course, I tossed a little sea salt into the mixture.
By this time, the biscuits were all cut into quarters. We grabbed a gallon size Ziploc bag and poured 1 cup of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon into the bag.
We then put about half of the cut biscuits into the sugar and cinnamon, sealed the bag and shook it all up.
The quartered pieces of biscuit dough should be coated in the cinnamon and sugar.
Then grease a bundt pan and poured ⅓ of the caramel sauce I had made into the bottom of the pan. Next, transfer the biscuits from the cinnamon and sugar to the pan. We sprinkled a little of the sugar mixture over top of the biscuits and poured half of the remaining caramel sauce over the biscuits. Then repeat with the remaining biscuits and caramel sauce.
Breakfast Pastry Recipes
- 2 cans refrigerator large biscuits like Grands
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 stick butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cut biscuits into quarters and set aside.
- Pour sugar and cinnamon into a large Ziploc bag, add biscuits, and shake to coat. Set aside with cut biscuits.
- In a small pan, melt butter, sugar, water, and salt together. When mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and pour ⅓ of sauce in the bottom of a greased bundt pan.
- Put the half biscuits evenly over the sauce in the bundt pan.
- Pour half of the remaining sauce over the biscuits. Shake the remaining biscuits in the sugar and cinnamon and place over the second layer of sauce. Finish by pouring the remaining sauce over top of the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes before flipping onto a plate.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021