During the summer months, I love how easy it is to eat foods that full of flavor and nutrition. My daughter loves vegetables and has recently taken a love to avocados. There seem to be avocados on our counter all the time for her to snack on.
So, when the folks at Avocados From Mexico launched a new recipes section on their site “Recipes From Avocado Lovers” to give foodies who love avocados, the opportunity to upload their favorite avocado recipes, download ringtones, wallpapers and other fun items to show their avocado love and discover other fan favorite avocado recipes, I was thrilled!
Grilled Fish Tacos with Guacamole
If you love avocados like we do, then you will love the new Avocados From Mexico recipe website “Recipes From Avocado Lovers“, where you can submit your favorite avocado recipes and share you avocado love with other foodies like you. Since we both love fish too, I created some fish tacos.
Now that the fish is grilled and guacamole is made, it is time to build your tacos. I start with two small corn tortillas. I like to have two in case one tortilla breaks. Corn tortillas aren’t required but I like them better than flour tortillas. Instead of lettuce, I then add bagged cabbage coleslaw mix to the tortillas followed by the guacamole and then the fish.
Are you a lover of avocados too? Be sure to check out other great recipes from avocado lovers over on the Avocados from Mexico website.
- 4-6 White Fish Fillets
- 2 Lemons (juiced)
- 2 avocados
- 3 Tomatoes (diced)
- ½ Red Onion (diced)
- 1 Jalapeno (finely chopped)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- ¼ cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 bag Coleslaw Mix
- 1 bag Corn Tortillas
- Salt and Pepper
- Place fish fillets into a large ziploc bag and pour juice from two lemons over fish. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place fish on grill over aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium low heat for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, and cilantro to the mashed avocado. Squeeze lime over top.
- Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay two tortillas down one on top of each other. Layer coleslaw mix, guacamole, and fish on top of tortillas. Garnish with cilantro.
This sponsorship is brought to you by Recipes from Avocados From Mexico who we have partnered with for this promotion.