As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
During the summer months, I love how easy it is to eat foods full of flavor and nutrition. My daughter loves vegetables and has recently taken a love for avocados. There seem to be avocados on our counter all the time for her to snack on. Since we have the ingredients for fresh homemade guacamole and love to cook on the grill, grilled fish tacos with guacamole are a regular dinner in the summer at our house.
Grilled Fish Tacos with Guacamole
If you love avocados like we do, then you will love the new Avocados From Mexico recipe website “Recipes From Avocado Lovers“, where you can submit your favorite avocado recipes and share you avocado love with other foodies like you. Since we both love fish too, I created some fish tacos.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes before putting on the grill. I spray aluminum with cooking spray and then put the fish on the aluminum foil. Salt and pepper the fish before putting on the grill.
While the fish was still marinated, I got started on the guacamole.
Once the fish is grilled and guacamole is made, it is time to build the tacos. Start with two small corn or flour tortillas. I like to have two in case one tortilla breaks. Instead of lettuce, I then add bagged cabbage coleslaw mix to the tortillas followed by the guacamole and then the fish.
Are you a lover of avocados too? Be sure to check out other great recipes from avocado lovers over on the Avocados from Mexico website.
- 4-6 White Fish Fillets
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 2 avocados
- 3 Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 bag Coleslaw Mix
- 1 bag Corn Tortillas
- Salt and Pepper
- Place fish fillets into a large ziploc bag and pour juice from two lemons over fish. Marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place fish on grill over aluminum foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium low heat for 4-5 minutes on both sides.
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, and cilantro to the mashed avocado. Squeeze lime over top.
- Mix together and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay two tortillas down one on top of each other. Layer coleslaw mix, guacamole, and fish on top of tortillas. Garnish with cilantro.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020