As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe is a doozie. If you love white chicken pizza like the bacon chicken ranch pizza, you will love this chicken bacon ranch pizza casserole that creates this creamy chicken and pasta casserole. My son would lick the pan clean when I make this casserole.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Casserole
While the bacon is frying get water boiling for a pound of bow tie pasta and cut 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts into bite-sized pieces. I prefer thighs. The secret to flavorful chicken, seasoning. And for this, I pull out the Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning.
Get your pasta boiling until al dente. I like using bow tie pasta, but use anything that would have some nooks and crannies for the sauce to absorb into while baking.
Once the chicken is completely cooked, drain any excess oil and water. Put the chicken mixture back into the skillet and add one jar of the Alfredo sauce along with 1/3 cup of evaporated milk. Don’t have evaporated milk, use regular milk. Add another teaspoon of ranch seasoning as well.
Let the chicken and Alfredo sauce simmer for several minutes. Then begin layering the casserole. Begin with the remaining jar of Alfredo sauce and pour half of it on the bottom of one 13 X 9 pan or two 8 x 8 pans. Then start by layering 1/3 of the pasta.
Then repeat layers with the 1/2 the remaining bowties, half the remaining chicken mixture, 1/2 cup of tomatoes, 1/3 the remaining bacon and 1 cup of cheese two more times. Finish by covering with the remaining Alfredo sauce you poured into the bottom of the pan, one more cup of cheese and the reaming bacon.
- 1 lb. bacon fried and crumbled, grease saved
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta cooked al dente
- 2 jars of Alfredo sauce
- 1/3 cup of evaporated milk or regular milk
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 4 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces, coat with 1 - 1.5 tablespoons of ranch seasoning. Saute in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of bacon grease along with bell peppers and garlic.
- When chicken is cooked completely, drain grease and liquid from skillet. Return chicken and veggies to skillet.
- Pour one jar of Alfredo sauce and milk into skillet with chicken. Stir in one teaspoon of ranch seasoning. Simmer for five minutes.
- Begin layering casserole with half the remaining jar of Alfredo on the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan or two 8 x 8 pans. The layer 1/3 of each of the following pasta, chicken sauce, and tomatoes. Use 1/4 of the fried bacon. Spread 1 cup of cheese over top and repeat two more times.
- After the cheese, the third time, cover with Alfredo sauce, 1 cup of cheese and remaining bacon.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020