As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone with kids knows that any meal that can be eaten with your fingers is a win. This why these crock pot chicken legs were a hit at our house the other night. This last-resort crock pot chicken legs recipe is by far one of our favorite recipes so far in the Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooking All Year ‘Round Cookbook.
Last-Resort Crock Pot Chicken Legs
The chicken legs were, of course, frozen and were frozen till about 10 minutes prior to me starting to make this recipe.
I did a partial defrost in the microwave and then placed them in a deep skillet. Hit with salt and pepper.
Now, my friend Cris told me she popped the legs in the broiler to crisp up the skin. Which is brilliant because the skin was just pulled off by all of us and tossed. Crispy skin would make this a complete home run!
If you are looking for more slow cooking recipes, be sure to go register to win the Gooseberry Patch Slow Cooking All Year ‘Round cookbook.
Crock Pot Last-Resort Chicken Legs
- 6-10 chicken leg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter sliced
- 1 T. onion salt or powder
- 1 T. garlic salt or powder
- 1 t. pepper
- 3/4 cup hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce
- Place chicken legs in a deep skillet, cover with water. Over high heat, simmer legs till just cooked. Drain and transfer to the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours. Stir once or twice and then transfer to low heat if you have been cooking on high. Cook for an additional 2 hours. Place chicken legs on a jelly roll pan and place under the oven broiler to crisp up skin.
- Smoked Mac and Cheese – Over the Top Macaroni and Cheese - September 12, 2020
- Easy Peanut Butter Banana Muffins – Blender Banana Muffins - September 6, 2020
- Homemade Sausage Gravy – Easy Biscuits and Gravy - August 30, 2020