As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken legs are kids approved meal at our house. I have had times when my swimming son will eat five chicken legs in one sitting. These spicy garlic baked chicken legs are fun to eat and full of flavor. The bonus to this chicken recipe is it is also perfect for people on low-carb or keto diets as well.
On Day 4 of the 30 days of #FarmsMatter, I am reminded why chicken farms are a gift from God.
You see, I grew up gathering eggs at my grandparent’s house. And then butchering said chickens. When the chicken raising ended, I was sure I would never have to butcher a chicken again. WrONg! My dad then thought it would be a good idea to get a flock of chickens. That would require butchering. Let’s just say, I am grateful for Perdue and Tyson and all the other chicken farms for raising and processing the chickens that I can just buy at Kroger.
Spicy Garlic Baked Chicken Legs
Drumsticks are the go-to chicken choice in our house when we eat chicken. I prefer dark meat any day of the week and of course, the kids prefer eating legs over thighs! So, these packages literally can disappear quickly. The quickest recipe I have for baked chicken legs, of course, involves a few of my favorite things: garlic, butter, hot salt, and pasta sprinkle.
Once you have the butter melted, garlic added, follow up with hot salt and pasta sprinkle or some Italian herbs you have on hand. Then dip your legs in the butter. Dredge it in the butter and place on a jelly roll pan lined in foil. Then pour any extra over top of the legs.
Then, because I am obsessed with garlic, I hit the chicken with some roasted garlic and herbs seasoning.
Nothing pairs with chicken legs like macaroni and cheese, so go ahead and go make some of the microwavable pasta in the last 12 minutes the chicken is cooking.
- 12 chicken legs
- 1 stick of butter
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- Hot Salt
- Pasta Sprinkle
- Roasted Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- Melt butter in a saute pan. Add garlic and saute for a minute or two.
- Once garlic and butter have infused, add hot salt and pasta sprinkle to combination and remove from heat. I added two teaspoons of each. Adjust to your flavor palette.
- Dredge chicken legs through butter mixture and place in the foil-lined jelly roll pan. Pour any extra butter over top of the chicken legs.
- Sprinkle roasted garlic and herb over the chicken legs and roast in 425-degree oven for 25 minutes or till juices run clear.
This post is part of the 30 days series over on Prairie Farmer. Be sure to check out the five things Holly will be talking about all month long while you are there! Be sure to see all my 30 Days of #FarmsMatter posts.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020
- Keto Tuscan Sausage Soup with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - February 3, 2020