How do you get your meat and potato loving family members to eat spinach? Add bacon of course! And not only do you add bacon to the salad, but add it to the dressing too. Spinach salad with hot bacon dressing is a simple salad that even picky salad eaters can’t help but try a bite or two.
And our bacon grease very seriously. Save that stuff when you are done frying up your bacon. I pour the bacon grease through a strainer that is lined with a coffee filter to help clean out any grit or burnt pieces.
I add hard boiled eggs to the top of my salad. Need some tips on easy peel eggs? I will let you in on my secret to easy to peel hard-boiled eggs. drizzle the warm dressing over top.
More Salad Recipes
Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- 1 pound bag of baby spinach
- 1 red onion half sliced in 1 in. piece and other half reserved
- 4 roma tomatoes diced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 pound bacon fried and crumbled with grease reserved
- 5-6 sliced button mushrooms optional
Hot Bacon Dressing
- 1/2 cup bacon grease
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 red onion finely diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bacon crumbles from salad
- Pour spinach into a large bowl. Top with Salad toppings except for eggs.
- Serve salad in individual bowls. Serve salad topped with eggs and drizzled with dressing.
- Pour 1/3 cup warm bacon grease through a coffee filter lined strainer into 2 or 4 cup measuring cup.
- Add vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Saute onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes in a tablespoon of bacon grease. Add onion and garlic to the mixture of bacon grease and vinegar.
- Whisk together. Add a splash of water if it needs to be thinned a bit.
- Add bacon crumbles and stir before drizzling over salad.
What is on your plate this week? I am eating everything topped with bacon dressing:)
Shared on Weekend Potluck