Since beef roast is made so often at our house, I have perfected the nearly 30-minute quick beef and noodles recipe when I am in need of a quick meal.
If your roast isn't already broken into pieces, do so before starting to make beef and noodles. Break it up it will break into fine pieces as it cooks. If you are using leftover roast, warm up the beef before adding the liquid. For this specific night, I had about two pounds of leftover roast.
Season the beef mixture with salt and pepper to taste depending on how seasoned the roast is you are using. Mix the soup completely into the broth and beef. Simmer for ten minutes before adding noodles. I use the frozen Reames homestyle noodles. I usually cook these noodles for 20-30 minutes. If you are using a different type of noodles, cook these noodles for the directed amount of time. I use about 12 ounces of noodles per pound of meat.
Stir the noodles into the broth mixture and cook for 20-30 minutes. And now for confession time...I make instant mashed potatoes. Often. They are just so easy and the kids don't seem to care. So, while the beef and noodles, I pop my instant mashers in the microwave for my three-minute potatoes. Then it is Ta-Da!
Quick Beef and Noodles
- 2 pounds of beef roast cooked
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 24 ounces of frozen egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm up beef broken into small pieces in a stock pot and then add beef and water to beef. Bring to a boil.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, stirring to combine and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Stir in frozen noodles into beef and soup mixture. Continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Serve over mashed potatoes.
Now that you know my secret, what can you share to help my kiddos obviously deprived palates?
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021