As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It is summer time. Fresh herbs, corn on the cob, tomatoes mean lots of flavors. However, sometimes you have someone wanting a bit more than just grilled veggies and grilled chicken. Something that stays with you. I bring you my Summer Chicken Pasta with Corn and Asparagus.
Summer Chicken Pasta with Corn and Asparagus
The first thing to do is get your tomatoes roasted. I used vine ripe tomatoes. Use cherry tomatoes or roma tomatoes or whatever you have on hand. Roast them in the oven or the grill after you have drizzled them with olive oil and sea salt. 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Once the bacon is fried up, remove it and all but about two tablespoons of grease. Then gather your veggies. I used onions and garlic in the bacon grease left in the Dutch Oven to start the base. Once they were soft, I added corn and asparagus a continued to saute for a few minutes.
And then it is time to start the good part. The MEAT and SAUCE!!! I used leftover grilled BBQ chicken for this dish. Makes it quick and uses up leftovers in a different method. I love the crispness of a good unoaked white wine with grated Parmesan cheese. Stir in a cooked spaghetti noodles and bacon. It is pure perfection.
I mean, who could resist this?
Summer Chicken Bacon Pasta with Corn and Asparagus
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 diced white onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 ears of corn kernels cut off
- 1/2 lb asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet banana pepper chopped
- 2 cups cooked cubed or shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- Basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place tomatoes onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until skin splits.
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and cook bacon in large Dutch oven or pot until crisped and brown. Transfer cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain oil. Reserve bacon drippings.
- Prep veggies and set aside while bacon is frying.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons bacon drippings into the same pan you fried bacon. Add onions and garlic and saute stirring until tender. Add corn, asparagus and peppers, cooking and stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cheese, stirring to combine. Stir pasta, bacon, and tomatoes. Toss gently. Drizzle in 2 additional tablespoons of bacon drippings. Season with turmeric and salt and pepper according to your liking and garnish with basil.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020