Cast-Iron skillet brussels Sprouts with bacon and onions are the way to eat Brussels sprouts with caramelized red onions and crispy fried bacon. The flavors from the castiron make these Brussels Sprouts full of rich flavor and melt in your mouth. I make this side dish regularly now, not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners.
Cast Iron Skillet Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onions
I am completely obsessed with this side dish that is perfect for the ketogenic diet I am following. It is a simple combination of ingredients with a good dose of fat to help me get the fat intake where I need it to be.The great thing about this super simple side dish is all you need is bacon, onions, and Brussels Sprouts. There is enough fat from the bacon, you do not need any additional fat.
I am going to just say, I make this recipe different every time I make it. Just like my asparagus dish similar to this one, I use pancetta sometimes in it too. To make this easy, I use one pound of bacon, one pound of Brussels Sprouts, and one red onion to make a standard side dish.
How to Make Sautéed Brussels Sprouts in a Cast-Iron Skillet
Start by cutting the bacon in little quarter to half-inch pieces with scissors into a cast iron skillet. Fry the bacon till about halfway crisped and add the sliced up red onion to start the caramelization of the onions. When the onions begin to soften and brown, start cutting the end of the Brussels Sprouts and cut each one in half and toss into the pan.
People! The smell of this dish cooking is mind-blowing. I don't know why everyone isn't obsessed with Brussels Sprouts, but it just means more for me! Hit the combination with salt and pepper and serve either in the cast iron skillet or go ahead and dish up in a bowl and eat immediately.
I know you don't understand how someone wouldn't love these sautéed Brussels Sprouts with bacon and onions either.
Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
One Pan Cheesy Broccoli, Rice, and Walnut Casserole
Sautéed Asparagus with Onions and Bacon
Keto Loaded Mashed Cauliflower Casserole
Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onions
- 1 pound bacon
- 1 whole red onion, sliced
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- Over a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, cut bacon with scissors into quarter to half-inch pieces. Cook until half fried.
- Add the sliced onions to the bacon to begin the caramelization process.
- While the bacon and onions continue to saute, cut the ends off of the Brussels Sprouts and cut in half. When the onions begin to soften and turn brown, add the Brussels Sprouts.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste and cook till Brussels Sprouts are soft and yet crispy from sauteing.
Affiliate links were used in this post. A portion of items purchased from the affiliate links comes back to me.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Leave a Reply