Sometimes you get a cookbook that you literally want to make every recipe in the cookbook. Every single one. This new Grilling and Campfire Cooking Cookbook is that cookbook for me. So, I had to make April's grilled barbecue chicken.
Maybe it is because I am obsessed with my Big Green Egg. Or maybe because we had a hard, cold winter. Or the recipes are just that good. The chapters of the cookbook lend to your summer day's cuisine desire. Whether you are grilling out, looking for a side dish, on a campfire or just looking for a cool crisp salad, you will find it in this cookbook.
April's Barbecue Chicken
Sizzling Bacon Asparagus
Backyard BBQ Cheddar Burgers
I also made the Lemony Grilled Broccoli and Versatile Grilled Veggies. Both were awesome grilled side dishes.
But, don't just take my word for it, checkout some of these recipes from a few of my friends.
Are you dying to get your hands on the cookbook? Register to win one by leaving a comment on what your favorite summertime or grilled dish is. Can't wait for the 10 days I will be running this giveaway, go buy the Cookbook. Be sure to register by July 1 or you will have no chance to win it! To give you an idea of just how yummy this cookbook can be, here is one of the recipes I prepared
April's Barbecue Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken or chicken pieces
- 1 T. plus 1 t. garlic powder divided
- 1 ½ t. onion powder divided
- 2 c. ketchup
- 1 to 2 c. brown sugar packed and divided
- ½ t. dry mustard
- ½ t. chili powder
- 1 t. liquid smoke
- In a large stock pot, place chicken and cover with water, one tablespoon garlic powder and one teaspoon of onion powder. Cook on medium-high heat till the pot comes to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine ketchup, one cup brown sugar, mustard, chili powder and remaining garlic and onion powders in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Simmer for 15 minutes adding liquid smoke and remaining brown sugar to your taste.
- Once chicken has simmered, place on medium-high heated grill. Grill for 30-40 minutes or till chicken reaches an internal temp of 165. Baste with barbecue sauce as it grills.
This cookbook was given to me by Gooseberry Patch to review and giveaway. The recipes were prepared by me and enjoyed by family.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021