This Pumpkin Chiffon Pie recipe is the silky, creamy no-bake version of a traditional pumpkin pie, made with real pumpkin and pudding in a graham cracker crust. There are plenty of things that need to compete for time in the oven during the holidays. No need to take up space with your pumpkin pie. This pumpkin chiffon pie will quickly become the new favorite version of pumpkin pie.
This has slowly been replacing traditional pumpkin pie at our family Thanksgiving celebrations. The ingredient list alone is a dead giveaway why all the kids would prefer this version. Add some whipped cream to the top and there is no choosing any other pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie Ingredients
Now, don't get too worried about putting together a pumpkin chiffon pie, even if chiffon eludes a fancy feeling. This is so easy. You could probably do it without a mixer, but who wants to work that hard!
How to Make Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Start by mixing one cup of milk with two small boxes of vanilla or french vanilla pudding. Once combined, add a can of pumpkin. Add pumpkin pie spice too. Mix to incorporate into the pudding.
Fold in the whipped topping. The whole container. Don't hold back. Fold it in. And when it is a smooth, luscious, silky pumpkin filling, pour it into a graham cracker crust pie shell. Or a ginger snap cookie pie crust. But Kroger doesn't sell those pre-made so I used graham cracker. Then smooth it all out so the pumpkin chiffon pie is so pretty.
Then refrigerate it. The pudding has to set up you know. You can go ahead and lick the bowl. And the spatula. The beaters a fair game too. After all, there aren't any eggs in this pie. So go ahead and go get your nails done. Or watch a Hallmark movie. Because you are going to be the hit of the feast with this pumpkin chiffon pie.
Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
- 1 cup milk
- 2, 3.4 ounce packages of vanilla or French Vanilla Pudding
- 1, 15 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 container frozen whipped topping
- 1 graham cracker crust pie shell
- Start by mixing one cup of milk with two small boxes of vanilla or french vanilla pudding.
- Once combined, add a can of pumpkin. Mix to incorporate into the pudding.
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- And when it is a smooth. Luscious. Silky pumpkin filling, pour it into a graham cracker crust pie shell.
- Refrigerate till completely chilled, about 4 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream topping.