One of the best parts of summer has got to be fresh vegetables everywhere. I love being able to just whip a salad together with what I have. So, this week, I bring you my blackened fish taco salad. But, the dressing is really the highlight!
Grilled Fish Taco Salad Ingredients
Blackened Fish Taco Salad recipe is a refreshing blend of your favorite veggies and meat for a taco salad and dressed in a cilantro lime dressing. The salad has some flexibility with the toppings. Use what you have that has a Mexican or southwest feel to them.
The ingredients I used from the base of the salad were:
- jalapeno peppers.
I used a white fish for the salad because I had some frozen blue hake in the freezer that was perfect for the grill. Don't have fish, use chicken or shrimp.
How to Make Blackened Fish for Taco Salad
I heavily seasoned the fish with cajun seasoning and put the fish on a piece of aluminum that I sprayed with some cooking spray over indirect heat on the grill.
I cooked the fish for about 4 minutes on each side. Watch the fish. It can overcook quickly. Once the fish was on the grill, I threw the dressing together quickly. And it is quick to make. Start by squeezing the juice from 2 limes into a measuring cup. You want about ¼ cup of juice. Follow that up by pouring ½ cup of light olive oil or vegetable oil in with the juice.
Then I put a handful of cilantro along with a tablespoon of honey and garlic clove into the food processor.
Then put the lid on the food processor and turn the food processor on. Slowly pour the lime juice and oil through the lid of the food processor. Once it was all incorporated, stop the food processor. I tasted it with my finger to gauge how much salt and pepper to add to my liking. Do the same for your taste. I store my dressing in a pint ball jar. Perfect for shaking it up when it separates.
Once the components are all ready, assemble salads and pour the dressing over top. Be sure to save any leftover dressing to use on other salads. It is my new favorite salad dressing!
Taco Salad Recipes
Chicken Burrito Bowls or Salad
Blackened Fish Mexican Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1 head of romaine lettuce torn
- 2-3 to matoes chopped
- 1 red onion sliced or chopped
- 2-3 jalapeno sliced
- 1 ear of sweet corn per person cut
- Other veggies you have on hand can be added or substituted
- 1 piece of fish or chicken per person
- Cajun or Blacken Seasoning
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ¼ cup of lime juice 1-2 limes juiced
- ½ -¾ cup light oil like light olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat fish or chicken with dry paper towel, then liberally cover with seasoning. Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray, place on grill over indirect heat and then gently add fish to grill.
- Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes, until bottom layer of fish, is cooked and looks “white”. Gently turn fish and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until fish is completely cooked through and flaky.
- Combine veggies to make the salad, top with fish and Cilantro Lime Dressing and enjoy.
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Place cilantro, garlic, and honey in food processor. Place lid on and begin pulsing. Pour oil and lime juice slowly into food processor. Stop once it is all incorporated. Add salt and pepper to your taste preferences.
Got a great recipe, be sure to link it up! Love to pin my new recipes to try!
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
I found your blog this week while searching for Abuelo's Papas. Yours was the first to come up through Google. In fact we're haxving them for dinner tonight. Your blog is so cute! I found myself spending quite a while going through your archives. I'm hooked (and definitely a new follower!)
Hope you will have a great week and thanks for hosting.
Love to try this recipe. I'm a big salad eater and I am always looking for new ones to try and the dressing sounds yummy ! Think I will make this my next salad ! Thank you !
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes
Thank you for hosting 🙂
Your dressing looks so versatile can't wait to try it on many things.
Sarah @ The Cyclist's Wife
Hi, thanks for hosting! I shared my Marinara #4 - Light & Saucy at number 12. This is a scratch, no canned ingredient marinara. It is meatless, but will pair will with grilled shrimp or chicken. Enjoy!
That salad looks so healthy and delicious!
Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog
website? The account helped me a acceptable deal.
I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear concept
Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this website needs a lot
more attention. I'll probably be back again to
see more, thanks for the info!
Thank you for another excellent article. The place else could anybody get that kind of information in such
a perfect means of writing? I've a presentation next week, and I am
at the search for such information.
tågluffa i europa
My husband and i got very peaceful Louis coyld carry out his analkysis out of the
recious recommendations he had through your weblog. Its nott at all simplistic
to simply be giving away helpful hints that many other visitors have been making money
from. And we all know we have the website owner
to appreciatye because of that. All the ilolustrations youve made, the easy blog
navigation, the friendships you can givce support to promote its everything exceptional,
and its making our son and our family imagine that the theme is brilliant, which is exceedingly important.
Thanks for everything!
Men's Nike Magista
So far it has held up well after the usual every day wear and tear. I purchased these mainly for the ease of getting them on and off. I recommend them nike soccer cleats.