As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love rice krispies treats and are a peanut butter addict, then scotcheroos will be your new favorite rice krispies recipe, the peanut butter rice krispies version. Whenever I make these no-bake peanut butter treats, the pan is left empty and everyone asking for me to make more scotcheroos. Growing up, my mom would make a similar treat we called Special K Bars. She would use Special K cereal or corn flakes to make peanut butter bars.
The great thing about rice krispies treats is that people who are gluten sensitive can eat them. The bars are no-bake and can be made in no time for that potluck or pitch-in you forgot to make something to take. Five ingredients and you are on your way to delicious peanut butter goodness.
Remove from heat.
Stir in peanut butter and then add rice krispies when peanut butter is completely melted and combined with sugar.
Press the peanut butter rice krispies into a 13 X 9 pan.
Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips and spread over the rice krispies.
Cutting size, I would tell you to cut small pieces but then people just take four or five small pieces. If you cut them too big your gamble with people not being able to finish the bars because they are too rich. So, do what I do, let people cut their own!!
Scotcheroos - Peanut Butter Rice Krispies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- While scotcheroos are no-bake, they do require heating for the purposes of melting. Start by combining the corn syrup and sugar over a medium heat till the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and then add rice krispies when peanut butter is completely melted and combined with sugar.
- Press the peanut butter rice krispies into a 13 X 9 pan.
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips and spread over the rice krispies.