The hardest thing about a low-carb diet is the time to plan and make low-carb meals and snacks. For me, I have a go-to low-carb taco soup recipe that is simple to make with five ingredients and the whole family loves it. Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup is very similar to the OG, Crock Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup, but faster and easier. If you are looking for more quick keto recipes, go ahead and save this one.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup is a simple 5 ingredient taco soup that is done in under 30 minutes and is one of our favorite keto soup recipes. With the help of a simple homemade taco seasoning from Mama in the Midst, this keto taco soup is full of flavor after just a mere 10 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup Ingredients
The ingredients for the Instant Pot version of the low-carb taco soup are very similar to the crock pot version. But when you make the recipe as much as I have, you change it up. Often. For this version here are the ingredients I used to make the recipe.
The ingredients for keto taco soup are:
- Two pounds of ground beef or pork,
- Better than Bouillon - Roasted Chicken and Garlic add a ton of flavor
- Taco seasoning,
- cream cheese
And you mix these ingredients together in your Instant Pot.
How to make Low- Carb Instant Pot Taco Soup
The great thing about this Instant Pot keto soup is the short cooking time. This soup can be done in under 30 minutes. Start by turning the Instant Pot to saute and browning the ground meat.
For this version of the taco soup, I used ground pork. Feel free to use hamburger aka ground beef. As the meat brown, stir and break up the meat. When the meat is almost cooked, add the taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
Then add the Rotel, Better than Bouillon, and water to the ground beef or pork.
After it has pressurized, let it natural release for 5 to 10 minutes and then quick release to finish the soup. Add the cream cheese, cubed and softened to the soup.
Stir with the Instant Pot on warm to melt the cream cheese. I have found using a thick rubber whisk has been the best way to get stir and break apart the cream cheese and meat.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup
- Instant Pot
- 2 pounds ground beef, pork or chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Better Than Bouillon - Chicken or Garlic Flavor
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans Rotel
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese for garnish
- ½ cup sour cream for garnish
- 2 green onions
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and add the ground meat. Break apart and brown.
- When the meat is almost fully cooked, add the taco seasoning and stir to completely coat the meat.
- Add the Rotel, Better than Bouillon, and water to the meat. Cancel the saute mode and switch to soup and stew. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set to 10 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, let NR for 5-10 minutes and then quick release to remove the lid.
- With the Pot still on warm add the softened cream cheese cut into cubes to the taco soup. Stir with a whisk until completely melted.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and green onions as garnish.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021