Eating a low carb diet doesn't have to be complicated or hard. But, I understand you may not know how to start a low carb diet.
Here are pointers on how to start a low carb or keto diet. It doesn't have to leave you hungry or longing for anything. But, I have learned you have to be prepared or you will fail miserably when getting a craving or just bored. A friend of mine told me early on if I am always hungry, I have to increase my fat. INCREASE MY FAT!!! I had to say to myself, "You have to figure out how to stock your kitchen for low carb or keto dieting."Let me preface this to say, I am not a die-hard, zero-tolerance low-carber. I try to keep my carbs between 20-40 carbs a day. I also drink a lot of cherry coke zero and vodka. If you want tips on how to do this and live, here you go.
If you want strict keto guidance, see a professional. I am just a working mom and wife trying to make a leaving, run the kids, and have some fun with my family and friends while trying to figure out how to stock your kitchen for low-carb eating.
Let me be honest, this post is just as much for me as it is for all of you! I need to remind myself of what to add to my Amazon subscribe and save and Kroger click list sometimes too.
How to start a Keto Diet?
Low-Carb Fridgem Food List:
- Butter - Always have two pounds on hand
- Cream cheese - I always have at least 3, 8-ounce blocks
- Bacon - Just go to Sam's or Costco and buy the multi-pack
- Heavy Whipping Cream - Also known as HWC. I find it the best price at Aldi's
- Sour Cream - Full Fat!
- Salami Wrapped Mozzarella - This can be found in the deli area at some grocery stores. I have also gotten it at Sam's Club and Aldi's
- Eggs - Dozens and dozens of eggs. Need an easy way to make easy peel hard-boiled eggs, I have you covered with this technique.
- Ham, beef, turkey deli meat and cubes
- Cheese - Parmesan, Colby-Jack, PepperJack, Cheddar, Brie, Blue Cheese, all your favorites
- Pepperoni slices
- Bacon Crumbles- The large black bag of bacon crumbles from Sam's Club is a must!
- Chicken - I prefer boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Pork - Chops and ground pork
- Beef - Ground pork and roasts
- Sausage - Breakfast, smoked, spicy
- Shredded lettuce
- Brussell Sprouts
- Shredded Cabbage
- Cauliflower - Fresh and Frozen Steamer bags of the Cauliflower Rice
Low-Carb Dry Goods:
- Olive single-serve packs
- Whisps - Cheese Crackers
- Almond packs - Snacks on the go are a must
- Jars of Banana Pepper rings
- Xanthan Gum - My go-to thickener for soups or sauces
- Almond Flour
- Sugar-Free Tomato Sauce and Salsa
- Sugar-Free Ketchup
- Duke's Mayonnaise - ZERO CARBS!!
- Ranch Seasoning
- Adobo Seasoning
- Swerve Sweetener
- Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup for my coffee with HWC
- Atkins Treat Bars - COME ON, I crave chocolate!!
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips - No, really I crave chocolate
- Cherry Coke Zero
- Sparkling Ice
- Sparkling Water like Bubly, Dasani Sparkling, or S. Pellegrino Sparkling Water
Low-Carb Meal Plans
Last year I also put together several meal plans to help me stay focused while on the keto diet. I am reusing these again.
Low-Carb Meal Plan - Featuring Pork Recipes
Low-Carb Meal Planning and Prep
Easy Low Carb Recipes
Here are several low-carb recipe ideas for all-day-long - from breakfast to lunch to dinner and with snacks in between.
Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas
Crustless Bacon and Spinach Quiche
Low-Carb Sausage Balls - Keto Meatballs
Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
Low Carb Club Wraps - Gluten-Free & Keto Club RollUps
Keto Pizza - Cream Cheese Crust Pizza
Keto Mushroom Swiss Burger Casserole
Everything Bagel Stuffed Celery - Low-Carb Snacks
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
Low-Carb Jalapeno Popper Meatballs with Low-Carb Cheese Sauce
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
Low Carb Creamy Tomato Sausage Soup - Keto Sausage Soup Recipe
Cordon Bleu Pork Loin - Keto Pork Loin Recipe
Low Carb One-Pan Salisbury Steak
Low-Carb Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup
Keto Creamed Spinach - Gluten Free Recipe
Crock Pot Low-Carb Lasagna Soup
Keep me posted on your low carb diet adventures. Hope you lose all your fat!
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023