As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ground pork is one of my go-to proteins for a fast meal. Soups are a regular meal in the winter especially since soup is quick to make on the stove, or it can cook all day in the crock pot. I have plenty of low-carb soups but this low-carb Tuscan sausage soup with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes is my new favorite. Keto Tuscan sausage soup is a creamy spicy sausage soup with plenty of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and spice for an easy and satisfying low-carb soup.
This Tuscan soup recipe is also versatile and you can make it with diced chicken or even smoked sausage. If you are looking for a new low carb soup recipe, this soup will definitely need to go on your list of easy keto soup recipes to try.
The ingredients for this keto Tuscan sausage soup are simple low-carb staples that are regularly on hand at my house. While my girlfriends over at These Old Cookbooks make an awesome low-carb Tuscan Sauage soup, this recipe is closer to Chef Ali’s Tuscan chicken skillet. Here are the ingredients I used in this low-carb Tuscan sausage and spinach soup.
- Hot Sausage or just regular ground pork
- or Broth
- Frozen chopped spinach or fresh chopped spinach
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Italian herb seasoning. If you aren’t using hot sausage, use a tablespoon of .
How to Make Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe
To make this easy low-carb soup recipe, start by browning the sausage in a Dutch oven or soup pot. Cook the sausage until almost fully browned add the diced onions.
After the soup had simmered for about 15 minutes, add the cream and parmesan cheese. Finally, let the keto Tuscan soup continue to simmer until ready to eat. Stir occasionally to make sure it isn’t scorching.
This soup cooked in 30 minutes on the stove. It definitely could cook all day in a crock pot. Here are some other tips for making easy low-carb soup recipes
- Use frozen chopped spinach that comes in the cardboard box and the self-containing steam package. Drain the excess liquid by squeezing it out the slit made to steam the spinach.
- You can use traditional breakfast sausage if you can’t find hot sausage or ground pork in your grocery store. I find ground pork in the fresh pork section.
- Don’t have sun-dried tomatoes, a can of petite diced or will work too.
If you are on the hunt for more keto recipes and tips, be sure to check out tips on how to stock your kitchen for a low-carb diet.
Easy Italian Keto Recipes
Keto Tuscan sausage soup is a creamy spicy sausage soup with plenty of spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and spice for an easy and satisfying low-carb soup.
- 1 pound hot pork sausage or ground pork
- ½ cup diced onion
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 10 ounces chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon garlic Better than Bouillon
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon zesty Italian dressing mix, optional use only if not using hot sausage
Brown the sausage in a Dutch oven or soup pot. Add the onions as the meat is almost cooked. While the sausage is browning, steam the spinach.
Cook for a minute or two before stirring in the Better than Bouillon into the meat. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, water, and Italian seasoning.
Continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Then add the heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese.
Stir until melted and simmer until ready to eat, or turn off the heat and cover until ready to eat.
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020
- Italian Squares – Antipasto Stuffed Crescent Rolls - March 19, 2020
- Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Pizza – Easy Breakfast Pizza - February 28, 2020