Eating a low carb diet doesn’t have to be complicated or hard. Here are pointers on how to start a low carb or keto diet. It doesn’t have to leave you hungry or longing for anything. But, I have learned you have to be prepared or you will fail miserably when getting a craving or just bored. A friend of mine told me early on if I am always hungry, I have to increase my fat. INCREASE MY FAT!!! I had to say to myself, “You have to figure out how to stock your kitchen for low carb or keto dieting.”Let me preface this to say, I am not a die-hard, zero-tolerance low-carber. I try to keep my carbs between 20-40 carbs a day. I also drink a lot of cherry coke zero and vodka. If you want tips on how to do this and live, here you go. If you want strict keto guidance, see a professional. I am just a working mom and wife trying to make a leaving, run the kids, and have some fun with my family and friends while trying to figure out how to stock your kitchen for low-carb eating.
Let me be honest, this post is just as much for me as it is for all of you! I need to remind myself of what to add to my Amazon subscribe and save and Kroger click list sometimes too.
How to stock your kitchen for low carb or keto dieting tips and tricks –
- Butter – Always have two pounds on hand
- Cream cheese – I always have at least 3, 8-ounce blocks
- Bacon – Just go to Sam’s or Costco and buy the multi-pack
- Heavy Whipping Cream – Also known as HWC. I find it the best price at Aldi’s
- Sour Cream – Full Fat!
- Salami Wrapped Mozzarella – This can be found in the deli area at some grocery stores. I have also gotten it at Sam’s Club and Aldi’s
- Eggs – Dozens and dozens of eggs
- Ham, beef, turkey deli meat and cubes
- Cheese – Parmesan, Colby-Jack, PepperJack, Cheddar, Brie, Blue Cheese, all your favorites
- Pepperoni slices
- Bacon Crumbles– The large black bag of bacon crumbles from Sam’s Club is a must!
- Chicken – I prefer boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Pork – Chops and ground pork
- Beef – Ground pork and roasts
- Sausage – Breakfast, smoked, spicy
- Shredded lettuce
- Brussell Sprouts
- Shredded Cabbage
- Cauliflower – Fresh and Frozen Steamer bags of the Cauliflower Rice
Low-Carb Dry Goods:
- Olive single-serve packs
- Whisps – Cheese Crackers
- Almond packs – Snacks on the go are a must
- Jars of Banana Pepper rings
- Xanthan Gum – My go-to thickener for soups or sauces
- Almond Flour
- Sugar-Free Tomato Sauce and Salsa
- Sugar-Free Ketchup
- Duke’s Mayonnaise – ZERO CARBS!!
- Ranch Seasoning
- Adobo Seasoning
- Swerve Sweetener
- Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup for my coffee with HWC
- Atkins Treat Bars – COME ON, I crave chocolate!!
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips – No, really I crave chocolate
- Cherry Coke Zero
- Sparkling Ice
- Sparkling Water like Bubly, Dasani Sparkling, or S. Pellegrino Sparkling Water
Last year I also put together several meal plans to help me stay focused while on the keto diet. I am reusing these again.
Easy Low Carb Recipes
Here are several low-carb recipe ideas for all-day-long –
Low-Carb Breakfast Ideas
Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
Keep me posted on your low carb diet adventures. Hope you lose all your fat!