The constant hunger felt by the children around our house can be exhausting. They constantly want to be fed. After making these antipasto Italian squares for an appetizer on New Year's Eve, they have become an easy go-to recipe to feed the ever-hungry kids.
Just like my calzones, this is a stuffed baked sandwich. Italian squares are antipasto stuffed crescent rolls that are made with two sheets of a crescent roll dough, ham, salami, pepperoni, pepper rings, and cheese then baked to perfection.
Italian Squares Ingredients
Just like my favorite antipasto salad, these antipasto squares are filled with your favorite Italian flavors.
- Crescent Rolls or the dough sheets
- Deli Ham
- Pepper sliced into rings
- Italian cheese
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
Other items could be added to these squares including turkey, olives, onions, mushrooms, and even artichokes. Dipping the squares in tomato sauce is also delicious because who doesn't like a good tomato sauce.
How to make antipasto squares?
These cheesy antipasto squares are super easy to make. In a 13" x 9" pan sprinkle garlic powder. Then lay one can of the crescent rolls or dough out. Press into the corners and make sure any perforations are sealed. Then layer a thin layer of shredded Italian cheese followed by ham, salami, and pepperoni.
Onto the top of the meat, add jarred banana rings or sweet peppers sliced up. This adds a lot of tang to the baked sandwiches. Pile the cheese to the top of the peppers. Then over the top of the cheese stretch out the other can of crescent dough. Once you have done that, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
Cut the Italian squares into 12 squares after letting them cool for a few minutes. Enjoy them dipped in tomato sauce or even ranch. Many nights I make these with my air fryer toasted ravioli too.
Looking for some easy recipes using refrigerator dough? Here are some great options.
- 2 cans crescent roll dough
- ½ pound sliced deli ham
- ¼ pound salami
- ¼ pound pepperoni
- ½ cup banana pepper rings or sweet peppers sliced
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle the bottom of a 13" x9" pan with garlic powder. Spread one can of the crescent roll dough or sheet out.
- Over the top of the dough layer ½ of the shredded cheese and then sliced ham, followed by the salami, and the pepperoni.
- Top with the peppers and then the remaining shredded cheese.
- Over the top of the cheese spread the other can of crescent roll dough. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder an the parmesan cheese.
- Bake on 350° for 12-15 minutes until the top of the dough is golden brown.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021