There is this pizza that I have dreams about. It is at Bazbeaux in Indianapolis, and they have Pizza Alla Quattro Formaggio. Since we live just far enough from Indy, I decided to make my own four cheese and bacon pizza at home version.
Four Cheese and Bacon Pizza
Since bacon makes everything better, start by frying up 6 pizza of bacon.
I cut up the bacon before frying it. It's is easier to fry it up in little pieces than long pieces.
While the bacon is frying get the dough and
I am a lover of Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough. I used the thin crust for this pizza. I of course started by drizzling a little extra virgin olive oil and garlic powder over the bottom of my jelly roll pizza stone and wiping it around with a paper towel.
Then spread the crust out in the pan. I would bake the crust for about 7 minutes on 400 degrees at this point. I didn't do this but felt the crust was a little doughy still.
Now the hard part. Picking the cheeses. Stressful.
You obviously want mozzarella because what is pizza without it. But, have you tried using fresh mozzarella instead of the harder type?
I start though with using slices of provolone cheese instead of a tomato sauce.
Now it gets tricky. Here are a few recommendations...
You definitely don't need to use all of them but feel free to use all of them. I would recommend the Fontina and then the Parm or the Romano. The final cheese is ricotta. Yes, trust me, you will love it.
Once you have your cheeses shredded, start layering. Begin with slices of provolone.
Then follow with your shredded Fontina, Romano or even cheddar if you don't have fontina or another Italian cheese. Follow the shredded with slices of fresh mozzarella and then dollops of Romano. Grab that bacon and sprinkle over the cheeses. I put a bit more Parmesan over top at the end.
Bake the pizza for 10 minutes at 400 degrees if you baked the crust for 7 minutes earlier. If not, bake the pizza for about 15-17 minutes. Watch carefully so you don't burn the cheese.
Let it set a few minutes before slicing into squares and diving into this cheesy bad boy.
How to reheat leftover pizza?
If you and your family do not destroy all of this four cheese and bacon pizza, keep those leftovers. REfrigerate the leftover pizza in an airtight container. Keep the pizza for 3-5 days.
Reheat the pizza by popping pieces into the air fryer for 2 minutes on 390-ish degrees. You can also microwave the leftovers, but the air fryer is the way to reheat pizza.
Everyone loves a good homemade pizza recipe. I have pizza casseroles, stuffed pizza, pizza burgers, pizza everything! Check out my favorite pizza recipes.
Four Cheese and Bacon Pizza
- 1 tube thin crust refrigerator pizza dough
- ½ pound bacon fried and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 cup each of Fontina cheese and Romano or Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1, 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella sliced
- 8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
- Drizzle olive oil and garlic powder on a jelly roll pan. Spread oil and garlic powder around the pan with a paper towel.
- Spread pizza crust out in the pan.
- Bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and lay provolone slices on crust to cover completely. Spread the Fontina and Romano/Parmesan cheese over the sliced cheese.
- Place slices of mozzarella over top followed by dollops of Ricotta betweens mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with bacon to cover evenly. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if you wish.
- Bake on 400 for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let sit for a minute before slicing.
Got a good recipe to share this week? Be sure to link up one of your favorites from this past week.