Breakfast pizza is a gas station delicacy to many a midwesterner. You all know you love Casey's breakfast pizza. One morning post swim practice I decided to give my try to a cheesy bacon breakfast pizza for the swimmer to inhale. And this recipe was so easy to make it will become a regular breakfast staple.
Cheesy bacon breakfast pizza is made with a refrigerated pizza crust, cheese sauce, scrambled egg, and bacon topped off with more cheese and garlic butter for a decadent breakfast treat. You will literally be licking your fingers with this recipe.
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
Like so many breakfast casserole recipes, this recipe is also subject to changes based on your likes and dislikes. Here is the base of what you need.
- Pizza dough - Refrigerator thin-crust worked perfectly for me.
- Cheese Sauce - Ragu double cheddar sauce is what I used but the Velveeta cheese sauce might work perfectly too.
- Eggs - Scrambled to the ultimate fluffiness works best. Be sure to check out the microwave way to make eggs too. This method can be used for more than one egg too.
- Meat - For me this was bacon. Sausage would also be tasty on this pizza. And don't forget a ham and cheese breakfast pizza. Don't want meat? This is great as just a cheese pizza too.
- Shredded cheese - Colby-jack cheese is always on hand in my world. Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese is also a great way to top this as well.
- Garlic Salt - For the garlic butter topping.
- Butter - 100% real butter. The fake stuff just won't melt the same way.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
To make this cheesy bacon breakfast pizza, start by spreading the thin pizza dough out on a jelly roll pan. Bake the pizza dough for 7 minutes on 400°. While the pizza crust is baking, make your scrambled eggs and fry your bacon. For the pizza, I made 8 eggs. Everyone has their secret to making scrambled eggs. My friend Stacy has a great method for making fluffy scrambled eggs. Chop the scrambled eggs a bit for easier spooning onto the pizza crust.
Back to the pizza crust... When the pizza crust is just starting to brown, remove it from the oven and spread cheese sauce over the crust. This is your pizza sauce. Next, spoon the eggs over the cheese sauce. Finally, crumble the bacon over the eggs.
Melt the butter with garlic salt. Spread shredded cheese over the top of the eggs. Finally, drizzle the garlic butter over the top of the eggs.
Bake the breakfast pizza for 10 minutes on 400° until cheese is melted and crust edges begin to brown.
Cut the pizza into squares. Twelve pieces can easily be cut from a jelly roll pan sized pizza. The best part is it taste's just like Casey's breakfast pizza. And Casey's gas station has the best breakfast pizza!
Variations and Substitutions for Breakfast Pizza Recipe
Looking for alternatives to this egg, meat and cheese breakfast pizza. Here are great ideas for substitutions or variations to the recipe.
- Pizza Crust - Crescent rolls are a great substitute to the pizza crust. You can lay the triangles out with the point in the middle on a round pizza pan. Then follow breakfast pizza recipe the same way.
- No-Cheese Version - Don't like cheese? I know it sounds crazy, but I have some people in my life who don't love cheese. Try making the sausage gravy for biscuits and gravy and use it as the sauce. Then top with the eggs, and more crumbled sausage then bake.
- Homemade Cheese Sauce - Grocery shortages make finding some things like cheese sauce hard to find. Try this homemade cheese sauce recipe in a pinch.
Storing Leftover Breakfast Pizza
- Refrigerator - Keep the leftover pizza in an airtight plastic container or ziploc bag for 3 days.
- Freezer - The cooked leftovers pizza freeze great too. Wrap in plastic and then bag in a frezer bag. Keep in the freezer for 1 month.
- Reheating Leftovers - Leftover pizza MUST be reheated in the air fryer on 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Be sure to preheat the air fryer.
Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Pizza
- 1 can refrigerator thin pizza crust
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cheese sauce
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spread the pizza crust out in the bottom of a jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, fry the slices of bacon. Additionally scramble eggs and cook them until fluffy and not completely dry.
- Crumble the bacon and break the eggs into pizza.
- To the top of the partially cooked crust, spread the cheese sauce. Top with the eggs and then the crumbled bacon.
- Spread the shredded cheese over the eggs. Melt the butter and garlic salt to drizzle over the shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and crust edges are browned.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
- Bourbon Peach Slab Pie - Peach Pie Bars 🍑 🥧 - April 1, 2023
Leave a Reply