Brussels sprouts with pecans and honey is a cast iron skillet brussels sprout recipe that is a little sweet, nutty with a light cream sauce that is topped off with a drizzle honey. Every brussels sprouts lover will swoon over this recipe that combines toasted pecans with pan fried sprouts that are then soaked in a white wine and cream sauce before being topped off with honey. These were amazing. I didn't even miss the bacon like I have in my go-to Brussels sprout recipe.
These brussels sprouts caramelized in olive oil and butter to true perfection. The caramelization mixed with the other ingredients perfectly and paired with the toasted pecans for a great combination of textures.
Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey Ingredients
The ingredients for this outrageously good Brussels sprouts recipe you need some basic cooking staples.
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- White Wine
- Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey
To begin making this recipe, place the chopped pecans in a cast iron skillet and bake in a 400° degree oven for 5-7 minutes. While the pecans are baking, cut your Brussels sprouts in half and cut the stems off. When the pecans are done, remove them from the pan and add the olive oil and butter to the pan to saute the Brussels sprouts.
Cook the Brussels sprouts in the cast iron skillet until they are tender and also crisp around the edges. This will take 8-10 minutes. When the Brussels sprouts are caramelized, add the wine, cream, and brown sugar to the brussels sprouts.
Stir until combined and then hit with salt and pepper. Top with the toasted pecans and then drizzle with honey.
Pop the pan back into the oven for another 5-8 minutes to continue to caramelize the ingredients together. The results are truly mouthwatering.
These Brussels sprouts with pecans and honey goes well with everything from your Thanksgiving turkey to grilled steaks. Your guests will love this unique Brussels sprouts dish. You will have to keep them from licking the pan clean.
Easy Vegetable Recipes
Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey
- ½ cup Pecan halves coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ pound Brussels Sprouts fresh, halved
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place the pecans in a large cast iron skillet. Bake in a 400° oven until lightly browned for 5-7 minutes. Then remove and pour the pecans on a plate to set aside.
- In the same pan, heat butter and oil over a medium-high heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 8-10 minutes until they are tender and crispy around the edges.
- Stir in the brown sugar, white wine, and cream into the Brussels sprouts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the 400° oven until the Brussel sprouts are tend and browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021