Cheez-It firecrackers are your favorite cheese crackers recipe made with a buttery Italian seasoning with a little kick from red pepper flakes and baked to crispy cracker snacks. While a lot of recipes for firecrackers with either saltines or cheese crackers are spicy, they all tend to use ranch seasoning. I am obsessed with the zesty Italian dressing mix and decided to try it on the Cheez-its. The results were spicy, butter cheesy crackers.
This firecrackers recipe made with Cheez-Its is a great switch up to a traditional Chex mix and is perfect for people who don't necessarily like ranch seasoning. These crackers are definitely perfect to snack on while watching a big football game or girls' night in.
To make these firecrackers you need just three simple ingredients in addition to crackers. The crackers you use can also be substituted.
Here are the ingredients you need to make fire crackers:
- CheezIts - Cheese crackers are great for this recipe but mini saltines or club crackers would work too.
- Butter - Vegetable oil can be substituted
- Zesty Italian Dressing Mix - Ranch can be interchanged here
- Red Pepper Flakes - If you don't like heat, this can be omitted.
How to Make Cheezit Firecrackers?
The addicting, beer-drinking snacks are super easy to make. Begin by dumping the box of cheez-its in a baking dish. Melt six tablespoons of butter and pour over the crackers. Gently stir to coat the crackers with the butter.
Next, sprinkle the package of zesty Italian seasoning mix and red pepper flakes over the buttered crackers. Stir the crackers coat with the seasoning mix and pepper flakes.
When the crackers are done baking, they will be crisp and toasted. Pull the Cheez-It Firecrackers from the oven and let cool.
Transfer to a serving bowl and store any leftovers in an airtight container or zipper bag.
Easy Snack Recipes
Cheez-It Firecrackers Recipe
- 12.4 ounces Cheez-It Crackers
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 0.6 ounce Zesty Italian Dressing Mix
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Pour the crackers into a baking dish. Pour the melted butter over the crackers. Stir to coat the crackers completely.
- Spread the Italian mix and red pepper flakes over the crackers. Stir to coat the crackers.
- Bake at 250° for 15-20 minutes. Stir once during the baking.
- Let cool and store in airtight container.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021