Cake mix brownies are easy to make brownies with a fudgy texture made with a chocolate cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Take these brownies up a notch with a ganache frosting. I have a problem. I can't have dessert around or I EAT IT ALL. Therefore my poor family never gets dessert. But, lately, I can't keep either of my kids filled up. So, when I started flipping through the Everyday Simple Suppers from Gooseberry Patch, I decided I could make the dessert. Especially one that is as quick and easy as cake mix brownies.
Let me just tell you, these brownies require a meat fork to eat as fast as this kid ate his brownie!
Seriously, if you look that happy after shoveling brownie into your mouth with a fork that size, you know it has to be good. Plus, it was oh so simple. These brownies are a cinch. A standard cake mix, water, oil, and an egg. That's it, people.
How to Make Cake Mix Brownies
Bake this mixture for 20-25 minutes on 350 degrees. Top with frosting and nuts. Or not. Or just frosting.
How to Make 2-Minute Chocolate Frosting
I made this awesome 2-minute frosting. I sort of took this 1-minute frosting and tweaked. Dark chocolate, butter, milk, powdered sugar. Yes, Please!!
Trusting me when I say these two recipes are a marriage made in heaven.
If you are wanting other Everyday Simple Supper recipes, be sure to register for my giveaway!
Cake Mix Recipes
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Earthquake Cake
Cake Mix Halloween Cookies - Halloween Ooey Gooey Butter Cookies
Snickers Cake - Caramel Peanut Filled Chocolate Cake
Cake Mix Brownies
- 18.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- Stir cake mix, egg, oil and water together in a bowl to make a thick batter.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9 pan and back on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread frosting or other desired frosting toppings.
And you know you want the frosting recipe too!!
2 Minute Chocolate Frosting
- 1 ¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup regular or evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Combine chocolate chips, milk, butter and vanilla in microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on full power for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove and whisk. If chocolate chips are frozen like mine, microwave again for 30 seconds. Whisk again until chocolate chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Add powdered sugar by sifting to ensure smoothest frosting and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Spread the frosting while still warm. This will help the frosting spread easier and keep you from damaging the cake or brownies.
Affiliate links were used.
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
- Bourbon Peach Slab Pie - Peach Pie Bars 🍑 🥧 - April 1, 2023
The brownies are already good but adding your frosting makes it even more better! Thanks for sharing your recipe! my kids and I loved it! http://xobakingco.com/
making this now 🙂
Ridiculously delicious! Poured the icing on and served in a bowl. No one could get enough! So easy to make after a long day of running around and all ingredients were already in my kitchen. Thanks for making our evening
I found your recipe doing a Google search. I have made this several times now and we LOVE it! I like that you can add whatever you want to the batter as well...last time we did white chocolate chips, the time before that, cut up peanut butter cups. So easy and so good!
Making these now 🙂 Although I'm a little nervous because the batter was really thick. I trust that these will turn out as delicious as the reviews post about. Thank you for the recipe! 🙂