Do you ever open an old cookbook and start flipping through the recipes and smirk at the recipes? I have an old Ladies Aid cookbook from my home church. I was actually looking for some old recipes from my grandma when I ran across a recipe for snickers cake. It seemed too simple and too good to just not make. I made a few tweaks, but the results were amazing. Snickers cake recipe takes a chocolate cake mix up a notch by filling it with caramel, peanuts and chocolate chips making for the cake version of a favorite candy bar.
Go ahead and get the oven turned on and grab a chocolate cake mix. We are making Snickers Cake!
This is definitely a simple recipe with thanks to a chocolate cake mix. The hardest thing about this whole recipe is the unique baking temp and timing. The ingredients are baking staples in my mind: chocolate cake mix, caramels, butter, peanuts, and chocolate chips.
Make the chocolate cake mix according to the package directions. Easy peasy. The pour half of the batter in a greased 13x9 pan.
Bake on 350 degrees for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. When the baking time is almost up, start melting the caramels, butter, and milk together. Also, chop the peanuts into smaller pieces. After the 20 minutes is up, pour the caramel over the cake, sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanuts over the caramel sauce. Then pour the remaining cake batter over it all.
Other Great Cake Mix Recipes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 14 ounce bag of caramels
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanuts chopped
- Mix cake mix according to directions on the box.
- Pour ½ the cake batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Melt caramels, butter, and milk. Microwave on 30-second intervals until completely melted and combined.
- When the 20 minutes are up, pour the caramel sauce over the cake. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanuts over the sauce. Pour the remaining cake mix batter over the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake on 250 degrees for 20 minutes and then on 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021