If you are team pumpkin during the fall and winter seasons, this pumpkin chocolate chip earthquake cake is going to be your new favorite pumpkin recipe. Thanks to a cake mix and canned pumpkin, this is also an outrageously easy recipe to make. The cream cheese mixes with the cake to make the imaginable cross between a cheesecake and a cake. This is the ultimate pumpkin dessert.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Earthquake Cake is the simple recipe of a three-ingredient cake with a buttery cream cheese and chocolate chip topping for the best pumpkin recipe. The easiness of this recipe is not the best thing. This cake is so flavorful people will think you painstakingly slaved over it.
The ingredients for this pumpkin earthquake cake are few and standard fall-flavored ingredients. Or at least they are for me. I always have cake mixes, canned pumpkin, cinnamon, and cream cheese on hand. Then butter and powder sugar are sort of just a given.
How to make pumpkin earthquake cake
To start, mix together the yellow cake mix, cinnamon, and canned pumpkin. The cake mix may have some lumps but it will be fine. Just mix the ingredients together with a spatula.
Spread the cake out in a greased 13 x 9 pan. Spread the pumpkin cake to the edges. Again, don't worry about any cake mix lumps in the cake batter.
In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and melted butter. To the creamed butter and cream cheese, add vanilla followed by the powdered sugar. Then finish by stirring in the chocolate chips.
When the cake is ready, bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. If you have a convection oven, it will take less time.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Earthquake Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 15 ounces can of pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick butter, 8 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Begin by mixing the cake mix, can of pumpkin, and cinnamon together. Then spread out on a greased 13 X 9 pan.
- In a new bowl mix the cream cheese that has softened and the melted butter together. Then add the vanilla and powder sugar to the cream cheese and butter.
- Continue to mix until combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake.
- With a spatula or knife, mix the cake layer and cream chaser layer together, roughly.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021