As we approach the festive season, it's time to elevate your celebrations with a cocktail that not only impresses your guests but also captures the essence of the holidays. The Cranberry Orange Champagne Cocktail is a fruity cocktail that combines the crisp effervescence of champagne with the tartness of cranberry and the citrusy brightness of orange. This is a great cocktail that can be a Christmas Punch for brunch or a bridal shower punch. The cranberry and orange flavors combine for the perfect Christmas cocktail but also forms a pretty pastel color perfect for any party.
I look for any reason to have prosecco or champagne or other sparkling wine varieties. This is why I love also finding punch versions of my favorite cocktails. If you like a mimosa like my apple cider mimosa then you need to try this champagne punch. If you loved my sea breeze cocktail, then this champagne punch should also be a favorite during the Christmas holiday.
Ingredients for a Christmas Punch with Champagne
Like so many of the cocktail creations I make, the ingredients for this Christmas champagne punch are staples in my home bar. Having a well-stocked bar helps you to just whip up a delicious cocktail on a whim.
- Orange Juice - Recommend using a low pulp orange juice for this recipe just to have a smoother cocktail texture.
- Cranberry Juice - 100% cranberry juice is the preference but for a sweeter cocktail you can use a cranberry juice cocktail.
- Cranberry Vodka - While cranberry vodka is not required it does enhance the cranberry flavors.
- Cointreau - This is a decadent orange liquor. It is a pricey orange liqueur so you can also use triple sec. Grand Marnier can also be used in the place of Cointreau or triple sec.
- Prosecco or Champagne - A very dry prosecco is what I most likely would recommend for this cocktail. Mumm Napa makes a couple of great options that are sold in grocery stores. Look for the navy blue Mumm Napa label.
- Luxardo Cherries - For garnish go ahead and get your bougie maraschino cherries that are the deep red color.
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions - How to make a champagne punch
Making this cocktail truly could not be easier. Simply mix together cranberry juice, orange juice, and Grand Marnier in a pitcher. Then top each glass with chilled brut champagne or prosecco. Garnish your glasses with orange slices or cranberries if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Simply mix cranberry juice, orange juice, vodka, and Cointreau in a pitcher or cocktail shaker depending on how many cocktails you need at a time.
Pour the orange and cranberry cocktail base into cocktail glasses or champagne flutes.
Then top each glass or flute with chilled prosecco or champagne.
Garnish the cocktail with the decadent maraschino cherries called Luxardo Maraschino Cherries and an orange slice. You can also use fresh cranberries or orange twist for garnish. Rosemary sprigs can also make the cocktail feel festive.
This festive champagne cocktail is ideal for Christmas parties and celebrations. The prep is easy so you can mingle with guests rather than spending all your time mixing drinks. It also makes a lovely gift when visiting friends and family during the holidays. Simply mix up the juices and liquors, package them in a nice bottle, and attach the recipe.
Hint: Chill all the ingredients before making the cocktails for the best results.
Variations to a Champagne Punch
Change up the Prosecco Punch with these ideas to have all your guests enjoy a fun drink at your next party.
- Mocktail - Mix the juices together and then pour into glasses. Then top off with club soda. For a slightly sweeter version, top off with ginger ale or lemon lime soda.
- Ginger Spice Fizz - Use both apple and pear juices and use a ginger liquor in place of the Grand Marnier for a spice fall champagne cocktail.
- Mixed Berry Bliss - Substitute pomegranate juice and mix in mixed berries for a fun berry prosecco punch.
Leave the vodka out for a yummy cranberry orange mimosa too.
Home Bar Ingredients and Equipment
Having a well stocked home bar is essential for making a great cocktail for every event - big or small. Here are my favorite things from Amazon that I have stocked my home bar with for easy drink making.
Store the cranberry juice, orange juice, vodka, and Grand Marnier mixed together before your brunch or party. Then just mix and pour into glasses and top off with the sparkling wine when ready to serve. Making a large batch of the juice and vodka mixture helps making cocktails during the party even faster with virtually no prep time.
Just like with all the cocktails I make, prechill the alcohol and mixers before making this cocktail. This helps enhance the taste because their is less ice melting to chill the cocktails.
Mixing sparkling wine like champagne, prosecco, or cava with orange juice is a mimosa. A mixture of orange juice and vodka is a screwdriver.
Both prosecco and champagne are sparkling wines. To be called a champagne it has to be made in the champagne region in France. Prosecco is an Italian sparkling wine.
Other Drink Recipes
Find more yummy cocktails and drinks recipes on Beyer Eats and Drinks.
Pairing with the perfect appetizer
These are my favorite appetizers I like to make for any party:
Cranberry Orange Champagne Punch
- 1 shot vodka
- .5 shot cointreau
- 2 shots cranberry juice
- 1 shot orange juice
- ¼ cup champagne
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 1 orange slice
- Fill a shaker with ice and mix cranberry juice, orange juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Quadruple the recipe and make it in a pitcher for a larger batch of cocktails.
- Pour the orange and cranberry cocktail base into cocktail glasses or champagne flutes. Then top each glass or flute with chilled prosecco or champagne.
- Then top each glass or flute with chilled prosecco or champagne.
- Garnish the cocktail with the decadent maraschino cherries called Luxardo Maraschino Cherries and an orange slice.