Cranberry juice, grapefruit juice, and vodka are the main ingredients in this summer vodka cocktail drink known as the sea breeze cocktail. This is a refreshing simple-to-make cocktail full of fruity flavors. The mixture of cranberry and grapefruit has always been one of my favorite cocktail flavor combinations.
From the name alone you can tell this a beachy drink inspired by the ocean breeze. Squeeze in some fresh lime juice to bring the flavors all together for a yummy vodka cranberry grapefruit vodka drink.
This was definitely inspired by the Siren cocktail made sown at the Ritz in Sarasota. It is one of my favorite cocktails. If you have not tried the combination of these two juices, you will want to soon.
Sea Breeze Drink Ingredients
Citrus juices are the key to every cocktail I love. No different with this sea breeze drink. Here are the ingredients you need for this cocktail.
- Cranberry Juice - 100% juice is always what I grab. While all of varieties of juices have sugar, I don't feel like we need extra added sugars.
- Grapefruit Juice - Similar to the cranberry juice, go for the 100% grapefruit juice. O"r even squeeze your own juice.
- Vodka - Everyone has their favorite vodka. Tito's vodka is my go-to staple vodka.
- Limes - You need some fresh limes for both lime juice and garnish. The smoother the lime skin, the better.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make Cranberry Grapefruit Vodka Cocktail?
This sea breeze is a shaken cocktail that can be made by the individual cocktail or make a big pitcher of sea breeze cocktails.
Fill a shaker with ice and then add the vodka, cranberry juice, and grapefruit juice.
Squeeze fresh lime juice into the shaker before putting the lid on.
Prep a highball glass with ice and then pour your shaken sea breeze ingredients.
Garnish the sea breeze with a lime wedge or even a grapefruit wedge too.
Add a fun straw and be ready to sit poolside, lakeside, or seaside.
Hint: remember that chilled vodka and juices make the strongest cocktails. Be sure to pop everything in the fridge the day you want to make these cocktails.
Variations to a Sea Breeze
What makes a sea breeze are the cranberry, grapefruit and vodka. If you change up or omit one, you will still have a good cocktail, just not a sea breeze. Don't like grapefruit, go ahead and make a cranberry and vodka. That is also good choice. However, if you want to doctor this up in various ways, try this cocktail with these variations.
- Bubbly - add a splash of champagne or some spakrling water for a bubbly sea breeze cocktail.
- More cranberry-y - change up the ratios and make it a more berry red color by doubling the cranberry ratio.
- Mocktail Sea Breeze - add crushed potato chips (ketchup chips!)
See this spicy version of this recipe on my website! (placeholder for in-content link)
The Best Barware Equipment
Every good home bar needs its favorite shaker, jigger, and fun glasses. Here are some of my favorite barware items.
Top tip for Great Cocktails
Keep your booze chilled. Seriously, cold vodka won't melt the ice as fast and keep your flavors stronger.
I am not afraid to buy store brand juices, but nothing really beats Ocean Spray cranberry juices.
Looking for other cocktails or drink recipes? Check out these great drink recipes.
Happy Hour Snacks
Looking for the perfect happy hour snack foods? We got a whole big list of our favorite appetizers.
Caramel Apple Cider Vodka Cocktail
- 2 shots caramel vodka
- 4 shots apple cider
- 1 teaspoon caramel sauce
- 1 apple slice
- Fill a shaker with ice and fill it with vodka and apple cider
- Shake until condensation begins to form on the outside of the shaker.
- Pour the caramel apple cider cocktail into a highball glass.
- Garnish with a apple slice and caramel sauce on the rim of the glass.