Grilling season isn't really a season at my house. I love to grill all year long. Thanks to the Big Green Egg, grilling is exactly what I do all year long. Kabobs are an easy thing to make because they cook fast and can be eaten on the go as we are working in the barn or heading out the door to a swim practice pick up. Grilled shrimp kabobs with smoked sausage are full of cajun flavors and grill quickly for a fast grilled shrimp and smoked sausage skewers meal.
A quick marinade for the shrimp and slicing of the smoked sausages gets your shrimp and smoked sausage skewers on the grill with lots of flavors. These grilled shrimp Kabobs are also great on a bed of fettucini alfredo pasta.
Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Kabob Ingredients
These kabobs are easy to make and punch a lot of flavor thanks to a quick cajun marinade for the shrimp.
Here are the ingredients you need to make these grilled shrimp skewers:
- Raw Shrimp - Peeled and devined without the tale are the ideal version of shrimp but tale on works too.
- Smoked Sausage - Kelbasa or other sausages work, but the basic smoked sausage is perfect.
- Olive Oil
- Cajun Seasoning
- Italian Dressing Seasoning
How to Make Easy Grilled Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Skewers
Begin making the shrimp kabobs. Depending on the size of your shrimp you will might be able to slide the shrimp onto the skewer at both ends of the shrimp or just one time in the middle. Slide the shrimp on with the sausage in the middle of the shrimp. Fill the skewer until it is full.
Place the shrimp kabobs on the grill, not in completely direct heat. I cooked these when I was finishing up our steaks. Both fit well on our extra large Big Green Egg.
Cook for several minutes on each side. When the shrimp are pink, the shrimp kabobs are fully cooked. This makes shrimp easy to tell when they are done cooking.
The Best Kabob or Skewers Equipment
If you like to have kabobs or skewers on the regular because they cook so fast and everyone loves to eat with their fingers, then these items need to be on hand in your kitchen.
Make all the kabobs with these great ideas for grilled kabobs with beef, chicken, and pork.
These grilled shrimp kabobs are great without the smoked sausage too. Just skewer the shrimp over each other.
These kabobs 100% can be made in the air fryer on 350-370 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Make sure your skewer sticks will fit in your air fryer.
Grilled Shrimp and Smoked Sausage Skewers
- wood skewers
- 1 pound deveined, peeled raw shrimp
- 14 ounces smoked sausage, one package
- 1 envelope Italian seasoning packet
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Begin by soaking wood skewers in water and thawing shrimp, if frozen, by running under cool water in a strainer.
- Place the shrimp in a sealable bag and add both seasonings, lemon juice, and olive oil to the shrimp. Shake to coat completely and set aside.
- Slice the smoked sausage into ½ inch slices.
- To make the skewers place the shrimp through the skewer so it can attach at both ends with the smoked sausage in between both ends or through the middle of the shrimp with the smoked sausage slice going on the skewer to set in the middle.
- Fill the skewers. Should make 8 skewers, depending on length.
- Place on a hot grill to the side of direct heat. Grill for several minutes on each side. Shrimp will be pink instead of gray when fully cooked.
- 2 skewers per serving.
Linked to Weekend Potluck