Teriyaki Pork on a Stick is a simple pork marinade recipe made from soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and ginger that is perfect for grilled pork. This recipe is great for pork chops, ham steaks, or the pork loin roast ends I used for this pork on a stick recipe. It also is great for chicken and beef.
This teriyaki recipe was derived from my teriyaki beef cubed steak recipe. This recipe is so versatile, I decided to try making a similar recipe for pork. We have a freezer full of pork, so I am always looking for ways to change up my pork chops, pork steaks, and pork roasts.
Teriyaki Pork Ingredients
These ingredients for teriyaki pork on a stick are simple ingredients and in my opinion much more delicious than a store-bought teriyaki sauce. The ingredients for the teriyaki marinade are:
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Pineapple juice
How to Make Grilled Teriyaki Pork on a Stick
Begin by slicing the ends of a pork loin roast. I buy large pork loins from Sam's or Costco. The end that trails off is perfect for skewering. Slice the pork into one-inch strips.
Make the teriyaki marinade by combining the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger together. Stir to completely dissolve the brown sugar. Place the pork strips into a bag and then pour the marinade over the pork strips.
Marinade the pork for about an hour. Then skewer the pork. I use metal skewers to make this pork on a stick. If you use wood skewers, then be sure to soak the skewers while the pork is marinating.
Grill the skewers on 350° rotating the pork about every five minutes until the pork cooked to 145°. If you are using metal skewers be sure to use hot pads or tong to remove the pork on a stick.
Garnish the teriyaki pork on a stick with green onions if you want to fancy this recipe up a bit. These are perfect with an Asian salad or even fried rice.
Grilled Pork Recipes
Garlic and Herb Crusted Grilled Pork Loin
Juicy Grilled Pork Chops - Brined Pork Chops
Grilled Teriyaki Pork on a Stick
- 2 pounds Pork loin roast ends cut in 1 inch strips against the grain
- ¾ cup of soy sauce
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger
- green onions for garnish
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Place pork slices into the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove pork from the marinade, and thread pork slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
- Place skewers on preheated 350° grill until the pork is cooked through, about 3 -5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Am not a pork lover,but this recipe makes me rethink of my relationship with pork.i am salivating,honestly.
Good and easy!