When it comes to low-carb or keto diets, soups tend to be an easy go-to for at least one meal a day. As the weather starts to turn colder, I started going through my soup recipes. I was craving my Don't Be a Chicken Chili but really wanted to come up with a low-carb version of it. Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Chili is low on carbs but high in fat and flavor with tender pieces of chicken given rich flavors from better than bouillon, garlic and onions, and lots of adobo seasoning. Plus with riced cauliflower, you don't even miss the beans either.
This soup smelled so good as it was cooking my husband who doesn't like chicken even ate this chicken chili. Topped with some pepper jack cheese and avocados made this soup one I will make over and over all season long.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Chili
Let's talk about an easy recipe with this Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Chili. I literally make the entire recipe in my 6-quart Instant Pot making clean up equally as easy.
Begin with the chicken cut into pieces in the bottom of the Instant pot turned to saute with a tablespoon of butter. Then, cover the chicken with the Adobo seasoning and the Mexican Oregano plus salt. Top the chicken with diced onions and garlic along with another tablespoon of butter.
I use steamer bags of riced cauliflower for this recipe and steamed it for a minute or two before adding to the Instant Pot. Finally, add the can of green chilis to the pot. Stir completely to combine before adding the liquid. I dissolve two tablespoons of [amazon_textlink asin='B00WN61K3U' text='chicken better than bouillon' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='2f33532c-bce1-4030-b488-909ebf2cb407'] in two cups of hot water. Once dissolved, pour over the soup ingredients. This give the low-carb white chicken chili its rich flavor. I add an additional one cup of water as well. Some water is lost in the cooking process.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and turn to soup and cook for six minutes. It will take a hot minute or two to get to pressure, but you are in the home stretch. When the soup is done cooking, let it natural release for ten minutes. Now it is time to get the creamy action going in this soup to take the fat content up for the keto white chicken chili.
Add heavy whipping cream and the sour cream to the soup. Stir to completely combine. You are ready to build your bowls of soup now.
I love this soup with diced avocado and shredded pepper jack cheese. You could also add Colby-Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese. Just get the ingredients and add this to the regular rotation of your favorite low-carb soups.
Don't do low-carb, check out the regular Chicken Chili recipe.
Other low-carb soup recipes
Keto Soup Recipes
Low-Carb Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken things, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 teaspoons Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 ounces riced cauliflower 1 steamer bag
- 4 ounces can of green chilis
- 2 tablespoons Chicken flavor Better than Bouillon
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- avocados, diced
- With the Instant Pot set to saute, put one tablespoon of butter in the instant pot followed by the chicken. Season the chicken with the adobo seasoning and salt.
- Add the onion, garlic and remaining butter to the Instant Pot. Stir to combine.
- Add the riced cauliflower after warmed for one minute in the microwave as well as the green chilis. Stir in the Mexican Oregano.
- Combine two cups of hot water with the Better than Bouillon and pour into the Instant pot with an additional cup of water.
- Set Instant Pot to soup and time to six minutes.
- When cooking is done, natural release the Instant Pot. When the lid releases, add the whipping cream and the sour cream. Stir to melt together.
- Serve with the shredded pepper jack cheese and avocados.
Also shared on Weekend Potluck.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Can I use my pressure cooker or just buy an instant pot???
You can absolutely use your pressure cooker!
How many net carbs per serving? I made this tonight and it was wonderful!
Or the nutritional value breakdown would be helpful. Thanks!
8g net carbs
45 g fat
Delicious but came out VERY runny/watery. Have you had that issue at all? I think next time I'll double the chicken & cauliflower and see if that helps. Can't wait to try some of your other recipes.
No, but I would recommend either reducing your liquids or even adding xanthan gum. Adding more chicken and cauliflower could work too!
Hello there, simply was alert to your blog via Google,
and located that it's truly informative. I'm going to watch out for
brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
A lot of folks shall be benefited from your writing.
Pure Plus Keto Diet
Rattling excellent information can be found on weblog.
Bellacova Face Cream
Unquestionably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of.
I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
I do believe all of the ideas you've presented to your post.
They are very convincing and can certainly work.
Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for novices. May you please prolong them
a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.
Ez3 Keto Pills
I think this website has got very great indited content articles.