I had you at bacon. I know. It is so hard to not take a peek when bacon is involved. Afterall, it is the gateway drug for vegetarians and vegans. And my friends, if you like sweet and savory combinations, this will be your very own version of crack.
Nothing beats this bacon as it is sprinkled with a mixture of flour, brown sugar and black pepper. Then it is into the oven, as oven baked bacon is my new go-to way of preparing bacon.
The best part, my husband didn't really care for the sweet bacon. So, I got to snack on each piece slowly instead of shoving fist fulls of bacon into my mouth in some kind of self imposed contest to eat more than him.
If you are wanting other Everyday Simple Supper recipes, be sure to register for my giveaway!
Mountaintop Oven Baked Bacon
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. thick sliced bacon
- Mix flour, sugar and pepper together. Sprinkle over bacon slices.
- Place bacon on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Leave a Reply