Looking for healthier recipes to start a new diet, this is a great Whole 30 recipe to transition to a new lifestyle. Sheet pan smoked sausage, potatoes, and broccoli is a simple oven roasted sausage and sweet potatoes meal that is full of flavors from onions and garlic and roasted in 45 minutes. The great thing about this smoked sausage recipe is you can make adjustments to the ingredients based on your taste preferences.
Easy recipes make cooking healthy more reasonable. This recipe is one of those types of recipes. There is no reason to not eat healthy when you have a recipe like this oven-roasted smoked sausage and potatoes with onions and garlic.
Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage Meal Ingredients
The great thing about this recipe is it really breaks down into three ingredient types: Protein, potatoes, vegetables. So here is what you need to make this sheet pan smoked sausage meal.
- Smoked Sausage - Ekridge skinless smoked sausage is my preference for sausages, but you use the sausages you like. Smoked sausages can have lots of different added flavors.
- Potatoes - Sweet potatoes are my favorite. Not everyone in my family loves sweet potatoes, so I mix both red potatoes and sweet potatoes together for this sheet pan meal.
- Broccoli - A vegetable is next on the list of ingredients. Broccoli is my pick here with the sweet potatoes and sausage, but Brussels sprouts, green beans, or asparagus could also be an option for this recipe.
- Onions - Red or sweet onions are both good for this recipe. The red onions give you another interesting color to this recipe while the sweet onions marry with the saltiness of the sausages.
- Garlic - Minced garlic continues to be a must in the recipes I make, and this sheet pan recipe is no different.
- Olive Oil - A fat of some sort is necessary. Olive oil is a great choice as is avocado oil.
- Seasoning - Honey garlic, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Pepper, and even steak seasoning all work with this recipe.
How to make an oven-roasted smoked sausage and sweet potatoes recipe?
To make this recipe, start by chopping broccoli, onions, and potatoes. If using sweet potatoes, peel the potatoes too. Mince up the cloves of garlic and finish up by slicing the smoked sausage. Combine in a large bowl and then drizzle the oil followed by the seasoning.
Stir the ingredients together and pour them out on the sheet pan. I like using a stone jellyroll pan, but a metal sheet pan can also work.
Bake the sheet pan smoked sausage and potatoes on 400° for 45 minutes. Stir the sheet pan twice during the roasting process. Pull from the oven and serve immediately.
Sheet pan meals are great because you only have one cooking pan to clean up when it is all said and done. Our favorite sheet pan meal is sheet pan pork chops, sweet potatoes, and red potatoes. Looking for a low-carb sheetpan meal? Low-Carb Sheet Pan Fajitas - Cheesy Chicken Fajitas is a perfect for you recipe then.
Smoked Sausage Recipes
Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder
Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese Skillet
Cajun Chicken, Smoked Sausages, and Bowtie Pasta
Chicken and Smoked Sausage Alfredo
Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli
- 1 pound smoked sausages
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey garlic seasoning
- Peel the sweet potatoes and dice. Dice the red potatoes. Roughly chop the onions and mince the onions. Place all in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over the vegetables and potatoes. Season with the honey garlic seasoning and pepper.
- Slice the smoked sausage. Dump the potatoes and vegetables on a sheet pan and then toss the smoked sausage on the sheet pan.
- Bake on 400° for 45 minutes, stirring throughout the baking process.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Leave a Reply