For those who are trying to watch their carb intake, finding a filling soup can be a challenge. This crock pot low-carb lasagna soup was super simple keto soup recipe and loved by my family who isn't on a low-carb diet. Creamy, rich, and meaty make this crock pot low-carb lasagna soup recipe one I will make over and over.
I know lots of you have probably tried my crock pot low-carb taco soup. This soup is very similar but a few easy tweaks to make it really taste like lasagna. Hearty is the best way to describe this lasagna soup. I make a yummy lasagna soup with pasta and really was craving it. I used the lasagna soup for inspiration for this low-carb lasagna soup.
Crock Pot Low-Carb Lasagna Soup Ingredients
The base of the soup is ground pork. Easily can substitute ground beef for the pork. Either will work just fine. I cook the ground pork directly in the crock pot.
While the meat is cooking, have onions, fire-roasted canned tomatoes, and seasonings in the crock pot. Here are the seasonings I use.
- Italian Sausage Seasoning - I use Penzeys Italian sausage seasoning. There are several on Amazon.
- Italian Herbs - Again, I reach for Penzeys Italian herb seasoning. It is a seasoning mix of oregano, basil, marjoram, thyme, and rosemary.
How to Make Low-Carb Lasagna Soup
Break up the meat after it has cooked and then add beef broth. I added one can or two cups of beef broth to this soup. It was not very soupy, so if you like a runnier soup, feel free to add more liquid.
As for the creaminess for the soup, I actually put a cup of cottage cheese in the blender and liquify it. Then added another half cup of heavy whipping cream to the soup.
Stir to combine and continue to cook on low in the crock pot until you are ready to eat.
Feel free to stir in mozzarella and parmesan cheese to the soup or garnish the soup with the cheese and fresh basil leaves. Or do both!
Tips for Making Low-Carb Soups
- Use full-fat ingredients. Low-carb dairy products tend to have higher carb counts. Go for the full-fat dairy.
- Watch for added sugar. Many seasonings are made with sugar in them. Read the ingredients in your seasoning mixes. If sugar is added to them, use the individual seasonings instead of a premade mix.
- Don't overdo the garlic and onions. Both garlic and onions can carry more carbs than we think. Don't put too many in the soup.
- Thicken with xanthan gum. If you want a thicker soup, don't reach for the flour or cornstarch. Go for the xanthan gum, but note it can get gummy. A little goes a long way.
Trust me, you will not miss the pasta with this soup. The bonus really is no matter what kind of diet you are or are not on, this soup will be a favorite.
Crock Pot Low-Carb Taco Lasagna
Keto Mushroom Swiss Burger Casserole
Low-Carb Sausage Balls - Keto Meatballs
Get all the tips you need for a low-carb diet. How to stock your kitchen for low carb or keto dieting
Crock Pot Low-Carb Lasagna Soup
- 2 pounds of ground pork or Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Italian Sausage seasoning omit if using Italian sausage
- 1 sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic diced
- 2 14.5- ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of Italian blend herbs
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 2 cups of beef broth or one 14.5-ounce can
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream or half and half
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- Place meat, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings in the crock pot on high for two hours.
- Break up meat and stir to combine. If meat is still pink, pour beef broth in the crock pot a let cook for another hour on high.
- When meat is cooked completely, place cottage cheese in the blender and liquefy.
- Pour into the soup along with the cream. Stir to combine.
- Turn crock pot to low and cook till ready to eat.
- Right before eating, stir in remaining cheeses or use as the garnish to each bowl of soup.
- Add fresh basil to each bowl of soup as well.
Other Low-Carb Soups
Be sure to check out all the great recipes for the weekly meal plan.
Affiliate links were used in this post. A portion of anything purchased from the links come back to me.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
I absolutely loved your Taco Soup, but a tablespoon of Italian seasoning completely overwhelms this soup. Perhaps a teaspoon would be better?
I guess this must be a preference thing. I love lots of herbs in anything Italian! I think it would be totally fine to decrease the amount of herbs!
I made this last night. I used a TBSP and a 1/2 of Italian seasoning, because I did not have any Italian sausage seasoning. It turned out great!
So glad you loved it!
Do you brown the meat before putting in crockpot?
Rhino RX 90
It's remarkable to go to see this site and reading the views of all colleagues on the topic of
this piece of writing, while I am also zealous of getting knowledge.
Could you tell me how many carbs are in a serving of your crockpot lasagna soup? I can't find the nutritional chart.
A winner! Followed the recipe using ground Italian sausage. The whole family loved it. This will definitely be a keeper in our low carb dinner rotation. I served with a salad and it really gave me my Italian Lasagna fix.
I am intrested, would ricota cheese substitute well for the cottage cheese?
I saw a similar soup using ricotta and it looked like it worked well. I think they added theirs as garnish in individual bowls.
I loved it! My husband and 2 year old loved it! It was a win! The only changes that I made were doing half Italian sausage and half beef. I also precooked the meats and onions prior to putting them in the crock pot.
I use half of a small head of shredded cabbage to replace the noodles in ours.
Tastes just like lasagna and very filling. I didn't change a thing. Very good frozen also. I'm making a batch today to freeze. This time I'm trying ricotta instead of cottage cheese bc hubby likes ricotta. I'm sure it will be just as delicious!!
You have Italian Sausage Seasoning and Italian blend herbs listed. Do you mean Italian Seasoning, and if so do I use 2 tablespoons total?
If you are using Italian seasoning I would use one tablespoon. Two may be too saltt
When someone writes an paragraph he/she retains the plan of a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand it.
So that's why this article is outstdanding. Thanks!