If you are looking for a way to use onions and peppers you have growing in your garden, this burger is a must make. We love our a fajita burger! And I am sure you are shocked to hear we love something with Mexican flavors.
When I saw these Southwestern Grill Burgers from a Southern Belle Dishes on Decor, I remembered I had made something similar this summer.
Start with a pound of ground beef. Get it thawed out if it is frozen.
Get a one once package of fajita seasoning mix and put one tablespoon on the beef. Mix together with your hands and make four patties from the beef.
Slice up one onion and get them carmelizing in a half a stick of butter.
Slice up one bell pepper and add to the onions when they have begun to brown.
Add the remaining fajita seasoning to the peppers and onions when you add the peppers to the mix.
Get your burgers on the grill at this point. Once you have flipped the burgers and they are a minute or two from done, add cheese.
I recommend adding pepper jack cheese:)
Get your burgers on the buns of your choice and then add the onions and peppers. I also spread a garlic aioli my on the buns. Since I made the aioli, I figure I might as well bake up some sweet potato fries too.
The burgers are killer!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Fajita Seasoning
- 4 Slices of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoon of Fajita Seasoning
- Mix together ground beef and one tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
- Make four patties and place on the grill for 6-8 minutes per side. Top with pepperjack cheese with one minute of grill time left.
- Melt butter in a saute pan. Add onions and cook over medium heat for 15-20 minutes to caramelize.
- When onions change to a golden brown color, add bell pepper slices and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Top the cooked burger with onions and peppers.
What do you have cooking this week? Can’t wait to get inspired!