Garlic pepper steak bites recipe is an easy cast iron steak skillet meal made with an easy marinated sirloin steak recipe, garlic, onions, and bell peppers served over mashed potatoes or rice. This recipe can easily be used for a steak and pepper kabob recipe on the grill as well. A quick steak bites dinner is definitely a great weeknight dinner.
The garlic steak bites cooked in a cast iron skillet give the steak a hot sear to the onions, peppers, and steaks. This gives even more flavor to the steak and vegetables.
Garlic Pepper Steak Bites Ingredients
To make these steak bites, a few basic ingredients are all you need. You also can add more vegetables to the recipe to change up the flavors. Here are the basic ingredients you need to make this garlic steak bite recipe
- Steak - Sirloin, skirt or flank steak works well for this recipe
- Garlic - Minced fresh garlic or a jar of already minced garlic
- Peppers - Red, yellow, or orange bell peppers are perfect for this
- Onions - Sweet onions or yellow onions will both work in this recipe
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Olive oil
- Steak seasoning - I used a basic salt, pepper, and garlic seasoning
- Green Onions
Optional ingredients that would be great in this recipe include
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red Skin Potatoes
- Red Pepper Flakes
How to Make Garlic Steak Bites
To make these steak bites, begin by cutting the steak into bite sized pieces. Place the cut up steak pieces in a large bowl or gallon bag. Slice the onions and put with the steak.
Combine the balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, oil, and vinegar. Add the minced garlic to the liquid and red pepper flakes if you would like to spice up the marinade. Whisk together and then pour over the steak and onions.
Marinade for 30 minutes. But, honestly, marinading 24 hours won't hurt either. The point is at least 30 minutes. While the steak marinades, chop the bell peppers into bite-sized pieces.
When ready to make the steak bites, start by getting the cast iron skillet hot over medium-high heat with vegetable oil in the skillet and add the bite-sized peppers into the skillet.
Let cook for several minutes and let the edges begin to blacken. Then add the onions and steak to the skillet. Season with the steak seasoning. Cook for two to three minutes and then stir to sear the rest of the sides of the steak.
Cook another few minutes, and then kill the heat. Drop some softened butter and green onions as garnish. Serve the steak over the top of mashed potatoes or risotto.
Tips for Making Steak Bites
- When cutting the steak up, cut any tendons or tough pieces out.
- Leave some of the fat on the meat. Fat is flavor, remember!
- The steak bites will cook fast. If you like a more medium-rare steak you will not want these to cook for a long period of time.
- If you want to add potatoes to the steak bites, precook the potatoes and then dice and put them in the pan after the steak has cooked for several minutes.
- Mushrooms either sliced or quartered would be amazing with this recipe. Start cooking the mushrooms with the peppers to cook some of the moisture out of them before you add the steak.
- If you want to make this a bit spicy, add a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the marinade
- Vegetable oil has a higher smoke point than butter, which is why I use it. Avocado oil or other higher smoke point oils can also be used.
- Make them on the grill! Just skewer the peppers, steak, and onions and grill over a 350° grill. Be sure to slice the onions thick enough to skewer.
Easy Steak Recipes
How to make a Steak on the Stove
Cajun Steaks with Spicy Compound Butter
Garlic Pepper Steak Bites
- 2 lbs Sirloin Steak
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 yellow, red, or orange bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion
- Cut the steak into cubes or bite sized pieces. Place in a bowl or gallon ziploc bag.
- Slice onions and add to the steak bites.
- Mix the balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and olive oil together with the minced garlic.
- Pour over steak and onions and let marinade for at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Cut peppers up into chunks similar in size to the steak bites.
- When ready to make steak bites, get the cast iron skillet screaming hot with the vegetable oil in the bottom. Then add the peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the steak and onions to the pan and season with steak seasoning. Let sear the edges for 2-3 minutes and then stir to sear the rest of the edges.
- Cook for about 6-7 minutes for medium cooked steak.
- Garnish with softened butter and diced green onions. Serve over mashed potatoes or buttered rice.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Do I pour the marinade into the skillet when I add the steak/onion or do I drain the marindae off of the steak/onions ?
I did not pour the marinade into the skillet.