How do you get your kids to eat chicken tenders that are not deep fried? Wrap them in bacon and drench them in honey mustard seemed to work at my house.
- 1 pound of chicken tenders
- 1 pound of bacon
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tsp spicy mustard powder or ¼ cup prepared mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Whisk together the honey, mustard, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinade the chicken tenders in half of the honey mustard for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and wrap each piece with bacon. Place on a jelly roll sheet. Brush with the honey mustard marinade, crack pepper over each piece and bake for 10-12 minutes on 375.
- After 10-12 minutes, flip each chicken over and brush again with the honey mustard. Bake another 10-12 minutes, until bacon is brown and crisp.
Share your favorite recipe for Hunk of Meat Monday!