Have you just been too over it at the end of the day that you just want something quick, comforting, and on the the table. After all, sometimes going out to eat just isn’t quick enough. Yeah, me too. Cubed Steaks are my new supper in a pinch meat of choice. These Philly Steak sandwiches are made in 20 minutes from frozen cubed steaks. No lie!
cubed steak terms, cut the opposite way the lines are already cut into the steaks. Then season them with your favorite steak seasoning. My favorite is Montreal Steak Seasoning.
While you are waiting on the meat to defrost, get your peppers and onions sliced, add butter to the cast iron skillet and get your onions and peppers caramelizing. Having them cooking before you have the meat ready will speed up the process.
Then just stir the meat into the onions and peppers.
- 1 lb cubed steaks, 4 steaks
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown ale or beef broth
- 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- Place butter, onions and peppers into a skillet and saute for 5 minutes.
- Slice cubed steak against the grain and season with steak seasoning. Add to onions and peppers.
- Stir together and add Worcestershire sauce and beer. Cook for 5 minutes or steak is cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Pile into hot dog buns, top with sliced cheese and broil for several minutes to melt cheese.