Whether you are eating low-carb, gluten-free, or a keto diet, this crock pot low-carb taco soup is sure to leave all loving it regardless of if you are on a diet or not.
I love easy recipes that don’t take a ton of steps, dishes or hard to find ingredients. I think this is why I was drawn to a simple taco soup. This crock pot low carb taco soup needs five simple ingredients and a few hours simmering to give you an amazing soup for lunch or supper.
Crock Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup
Five ingredients. Well, five if you lump spices into one ingredient. Here is the thing with this soup, use the seasonings you like. But here is the base ingredients.
Start with browning sausage. We used a combination of hot sausage as well as ground pork. You can easily use breakfast sausage in this or even ground beef. While the meat is browning, fill your crock pot with cream cheese, Rotel and taco seasonings of your choice. When it comes to taco seasonings, I made up my own with garlic salt, adobo seasoning and chipotle pepper powder. You could use just taco seasoning in your meat like you are making tacos.
Mix the browned meat into the cheese, Rotel, and seasoning and spices you had waiting in a crock pot set to high. Stir to combine and then pour in chicken broth. You may want to add a little broth at a time to determine how thin you like your soup. Cook on high for two to three hours or low for four to six hours.
As one of my friends who tried this recipe said, it is like a soupy queso! Seriously, does life get any better than eating queso with a spoon and getting away with it. Besides being full of cream cheese, I went ahead and topped with shredded cheese and stirred in some dried cilantro before serving. If you have fresh cilantro, feel free to use fresh too.
Go ahead and make yourself a bowl of crock pot low-carb taco soup. You won’t regret it!
Get the Crock Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup Recipe!
Serves: 8 servings
- 2 lbs ground pork, beef or sausage
- 2, 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 2, 10-ounce cans of Rotel
- 2 Tablespoons of taco seasonings
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons of Cilantro - fresh or dried (optional)
- ½ cup shredded cheese for garnish (optional)
- Brown ground meat till fully cooked.
- While meat is browning, place cream cheese, Rotel and taco seasoning into crock pot.
- Drain any grease off of meat and put meat in the crock pot. Stir to combine with cheese and Rotel.
- Pour chicken broth over meat and cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Before serving stir in cilantro.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.