Cheesy Scrambled Egg and Ham Bake Ingredients
This is one I got from my mom. We have it whenever we are at my parent's house overnight. The first time I read the recipe, I thought it was a bit strange, but I just did what my mom told me too. I am giving you the full recipe but just cut in half for a smaller group of people.
How to Make a Scrambled Egg Casserole
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Scrambled Egg Casserole
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ tablespoon flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Velveeta shredded or grated
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs beaten
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Melt the butter and blend the flour into it to make a roux.
- Gradually stir in milk, cook until thick. Add salt, pepper, and cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- Sautee ham and mushrooms in butter for several minutes.
- Add eggs and cook over medium heat until eggs are almost completely cooked.
- Stir in the cheese sauce into the eggs.
- Transfer to a 13X9 baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and cover the egg mixture.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 30 minutes.