When it is time for the Christmas ham recipe, this crock pot maple ham recipe is sure to be a family favorite and easy to prepare. With just three ingredients in addition to the ham, it is so simple, perfect for busy holiday dinners.
Did you know ham is the most consumed pork product? Mainly because the ham comes from the butt of the pig and most pigs got plenty of butt! In the U.S., nearly 65 million pigs are raised each year. It sounds like a lot, right? Don't worry, China has us beat with almost 300 million pigs. Interested in knowing more about where animals are raised, check out this graph from The Economist.
Crock Pot Maple Ham Ingredients
So, to make this crock pot maple ham, start with a spiral cut ham. I still had one in my freezer, so I put it in the fridge overnight.
How to make a crock pot spiral ham?
On the day you will be eating your ham, start by placing the flat side down in your crock pot. Cover with about ½ cup of brown sugar and then pour ½ cup of REAL maple syrup over top. Finally, pour 1 cup of pineapple juice over top.
Carefully pull the ham out. It will be falling off the bone. I promise you!
Leftover Ham Recipes
I made up the Corn Chowdah Mac 'n Cheese from Rachael Ray's magazine this month to go with the ham. I substituted sweet potatoes for baking but otherwise followed the directions. It was yummy! And had a bacon top. The perfect match for the ham. Here are a few more of my favorite leftover ham recipes.
Plus, we had plenty of leftovers! Which means easier meals all week! Yay!
More Ham Recipes
Crock Pot Maple Ham
- 1 spiral cut ham
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- Place ham in the crock pot, flat side down.
- Cover ham with brown sugar and then pour syrup and juice over the ham.
- Cook on low for 4-8 hours. The ham will be heated through in 4 hours but has plenty of fluids to go longer.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021