My church put out a cookbook a few years back. Of course, I can't resist a cookbook that has proceeds that go to a good cause. Plus, you and I both know, church recipes are the tried and true. Only your favorites make the cookbook. And this pumpkin crunch dessert is one of my favorite pumpkin desserts. It definitely could also be called a pumpkin dump cake. If you aren't a big baker, this is the perfect fall dessert recipe for you.
This is simply a pumpkin dump cake. Start by combine 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1 can of evaporated milk, 1 ½ cup sugar, 3 eggs, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon salt together. This will be very liquid. Do not be alarmed.
Pour the pumpkin mixture into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
Pour a box of dry yellow cake mix and ½ cup of nuts over the pumpkin combination. Don't worry about clumps in your cake mix. It will all even out. You can use whatever nut you like. I prefer pecans or walnuts with this pumpkin crunch recipe.
Then drizzle ½ cup of melted butter over the nuts and cake mix.
You can tell already this is going to be good and it has taken you less than five minutes to put together.
Bake for 50-55 minutes on 350 degrees till the top is golden brown. There may still be a little residue of powder on the top. Don't worry one bit about this.
Looking for more great fall dessert recipes using pumpkin or apple flavors? Be sure to check out these recipes.
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 boxed yellow or white cake mix
- ½ cup of chopped nuts
- ½ cup of butter melted
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Then sprinkle nuts over top.
- Pour melted butter over top of the nuts.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021